Whether you're looking for a place to collaborate a private study space, the Academic Technology Commons houses plenty of innovative spaces.
Designed to be a flexible and innovative resource to support a variety of technology needs and working styles, the Academic Technology Commons features modular seating options and work areas to support individual and group work.
Library users have access to computer workstations with a variety of productivity, video editing, and creation software along with charging and quick print stations.
Idea Labs in the Academic Technology Commons were designed from the ground up to provide a flexible and creative environment for brainstorming and collaboration. Lightweight and movable furniture allows groups of any size to better come together. The space’s floor-to-ceiling whiteboards and embedded touch displays offer space to get their ideas down.
Idea Labs are reservable on D!bs and come equipped with wePresent software.
Collaboration Studios allows groups to brainstorm and create in an adaptable work environment, complete with writable walls and mobile whiteboards. Displays in the space allow presenters to show off their work via wireless presentation.
Quick Record Studio
Loaded with high-quality AV equipment, the Quick Record Studio allows users to create content for the classroom, homework assignments, interviews and student organization promotions.
Most of the equipment in the Quick Record Studio is arranged for recording the perfect presentation, however, adjustments can be made by an ATC staff member to meet specific needs.
To get started:
- Come to the ATC with a USB thumb drive or hard drive to record the material straight to an MP4 file on your drive.
- Position the equipment (and yourself) to the best advantage in front of the camera. You can use the camera remote to zoom in and out, and to raise and lower the lens.
- Grab the recorder remote control and hit the red record button twice to begin recording.
- When finished, hit the record button a final time to stop recording.
- Remove your storage medium.
- Some of the computers in the ATC are equipped with Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- If you need help editing footage, please make an appointment with an ATC staff member ahead of time and we will be happy to help.
To request studio time, contact us at 314-977-3103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loaded with high-quality AV equipment, the Editing Pods include workstations with multiple displays and audio splitters for individual and group work.
To get in contact with an ATC staff member about using the Editing Pods, please contact us at 314-977-3103, email@example.com.