The Academic Technology Commons (ATC) in Pius XII Memorial Library is designed to engage the Saint Louis University community with cutting-edge technological advancements and to promote innovation.
At the ATC, you’ll find:
- AskSLU desk
- Library and IT Support Center
- Book Checkout
- Equipment Checkout
- Access to Library Resources and Librarians
- ITS Student Service Desk
- Submit an IT Service Request
- Download Billiken Print
- Library and IT Support Center
- Space to Create
- Collaboration Studios and Idea Labs
- Innovation Studio
- Print Workshop
Unsure if our capabilities match your needs? We will pair you with the technology, person or space to get you innovating.
- Quick printing is available using Billiken Bucks through any of the computers in the ATC space.
- Specialty printing is also available for items such as posters, booklets, and more. Learn more here.
- 3D printing is easy in the ATC. We have several printers with a wide range of capabilities. Learn more here.
to scan a:
- Book or paper: Easy-to-use scanners are available in the main space of the ATC.
- 3D object: Two different 3D scanners are available for use, depending on your need.
- Slide, X-Ray or photo negative: We have scanners available for all of these, including a 35mm scanner to scan negatives into digital images.
a study area with:
- Lots of writing room: Check out the Idea Labs for floor-to-ceiling whiteboards. Reserve a room here.
- A screen to project or write on: Connect video through wifi or with a cable in the Collaboration Studio, Idea Labs and MediaScape. Reserve a room here.
- Conferencing abilities: The Collaboration Studio contains wePresent for conference calls.
- Recording abilities: Our Quick Record Studio can record video and audio.
- A video and/or audio recording for my class/Youtube/vlog: Our Quick Record Studio can record video and audio.
- A 3D model: Our 3D printers are ready and available for use.
- An engraved photo: Check out our Dremel laser cutter and engraver.
help with my:
- Email, phone, laptop, Echo and Alexa, etc.: The AskSLU desk can help you with your IT needs.
Have questions not listed here? Contact us by phone at 314-977-3103, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check with LibAnswers for FAQs and to chat with a librarian.
Electronic Communication Devices Policy
Food and Drink Policy
The Academic Technology Commons is happy to provide lockers for secure short-term storage of patrons’ personal items. These lockers are located on the first floor of Pius Library, in the hallway that leads to the Vatican Film Library and public restrooms.
Patrons may store items on a daily basis and should remove all items from their chosen locker when leaving the library. Daily-use lockers will be emptied on a routine basis, which will be announced using the library PA system when possible. The Library reserves the right to check any locker at any time. Any items that are left in a locker and removed will be held in Lost & Found, located at Patron Services near Einstein’s Bagels. Any such items that are not retrieved by the owning patron will be given to DPSEP to be catalogued. The Academic Technology Commons and Pius Library are not responsible for any lost or damaged personal items. For any questions on using a daily locker, please call the Academic Technology Commons Help Desk at 314-977-3103.
Patrons are encouraged to temporarily store unneeded items in a locker while using the Academic Technology Commons and Pius Library. Perishable food items or library materials that are not checked out to a patron should never be placed inside the lockers. Any items left in a locker will be placed in Lost & Found as mentioned above, and any food or drink will be disposed of.
Inside each locker are instructions on how to lock and unlock it by setting a four-digit passcode.