Skip to main content

Saint Louis University Header Logo Center

Menu Search & Directory

Transfer Credits and Advanced Placement

Saint Louis University rewards credit for certain official examinations and dual-enrollment programs, and transfers credit hours for course work completed previously at other institutions.

Credit from Other Universities

If you are transferring to SLU-Madrid from another institution of higher learning, you can receive credit for courses that you have completed prior to your transfer.

Students can receive transfer credit as long as they meet all admissions criteria and their courses come from an accredited college or university. In addition, to be eligible for to transfer, the course must have been completed with a letter grade of C or above. No more than 64 credit hours (60 credit hours for the School of Social Work) earned at the community college level can be applied toward the bachelor’s degree at Saint Louis University.

If you have credits to transfer, contact the academic advising office at

In order to process your credits, you will need to provide:

  • Descriptions of all courses completed (these can usually be found in your institution’s online course catalog)
  • An official transcript showing all final grades for each institution attended
  • Other materials, as requested, such as writing samples or course syllabi

All requested information must be submitted by the end of your first semester at SLU. After this deadline, transfer credit work will no longer be evaluated.

Credit for High School Students

AP, IB, SAT II and CLEP Examinations

Saint Louis University rewards credit for some AP, IB, SAT II and CLEP examinations, as well as college dual-enrollment programs.

To receive credit for your AP, IB, SAT II and CLEP examinations, request that an official score report be sent to Saint Louis University - Madrid. SLU-Madrid’s AP code is 2586. You may have to pay a small fee.

Learn what is awarded for different exams and the scores required

Credit for High School Students in Dual-Enrollment Programs

High school students who have completed dual enrollment programs prior to high school graduation may receive credit for these courses. These credits are evaluated in the same way as transfer credit for transfer students, and thus students should follow the policies outlined above.