Career development is a journey. Wherever you are in the process — from choosing a major to considering graduate school — SLU-Madrid Career Services offers seminars and one-to-one coaching to help you develop your plans and achieve career success.
Our Career Services Coordinator is here to help you find internships, coach you on your job search, and assist with graduate school applications. As the University is currently providing online instruction, our Career Services Coordinator can meet with you via phone, WhatsApp or Zoom. Email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Get a start on your career using these resources now!
An internship allows you to test-drive a career path as you acquire real-world experience, develop your résumé and gain confidence. Some of our recent internship workplaces include:
- Conde Nast
- Embassies (UK and US Embassies in Spain; Spanish Embassies abroad)
- Ernst &Young
- ONG Rescate
- United Nations
A SLU-Madrid education prepares you to work in the field of your choice. Graduates of SLU-Madrid go on to work at top companies and organizations around the world. Some of the companies employing our graduates include:
- Banco Santander
- Legal Aid Society
- Mandarin Oriental
- National Human Rights Council
- United Nations
A SLU-Madrid education provides a great foundation for graduate school. We’ll also help direct you to programs and provide advice on applications, entrance exams and personal statements.
SLU-Madrid alumni attend graduate schools recognized worldwide, including:
- Boston University
- Diplomatic Academy of Vienna
- Georgetown University Law School
- London School of Economics
- New York University
- UN University for Peace
- Yale School of Management
Our graduates are men and women for others and participate in the Peace Corps, the Fulbright program, AmeriCorps, Teach for America, Jesuit Volunteer Corps, and numerous organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life for all persons.
Get started on your path
View a video presentation:
- Resume Writing – Video Presentation
- Internship Opportunities and Requirements
- Searching for Internships and Jobs – Video Presentation: Handshake > Career Center > Resources > Virtual Presentations Library
- Create your LinkedIn Profile – Handshake > Career Center > Resources > Career Services Handouts
- Networking and LinkedIn – Video Presentation: Handshake > Career Center > Resources > Virtual Presentations Library
- Applying to Graduate School – Video Presentation
- Writing a Cover Letter – Video Presentation
- Sample Cover Letter Prospecting
- Sample Cover Letter Specific Position
- Preparing for an Interview – Video Presentation: Handshake > Career Center > Resources > Virtual Presentations Library
You can also practice your interviewing skills on Handshake > Career Center > Resources > Interview Stream or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a practice interview.
Handshake is your comprehensive resource for all things Career Services. Find job and internship postings, discover which major or career is best for you, view sample resumes and cover letters and more.
Explore Your Options
Research major and career options that may suit you. Gain insight from alumni as you explore industries and sectors. Make the most of the resources we offer.
With a job search strategy and your résumé ready to send, it is time to start looking for internship opportunities.
Further Your Education
Considering graduate or professional school? We can help you explore schools and programs and provide advice on applications, personal statements and recommendations.
Launch Your Career
Learn about the working world, create a professional network and transition from college to career.
The Career Services Office is collecting stories of SLU-Madrid alumni and students who are doing great things in the world. Please share your story with us, so we can share it with future students who can go on to do great things as well.
Career Services Coordinator
San Ignacio Hall, third floor
+91 554 58 58, ext. 241
Patrice Burns serves as the Career Services coordinator, helping students prepare for their professional careers via hands-on workshops and internship experiences. Prior to working at SLU-Madrid, she served as director of Foreign Languages at UW Milwaukee SCE and as a center director at Concordia University. She is a certified ASESCO coach.
She earned a bachelor's in communications and Spanish from the University of Wisconsin and a master's in Spanish from Marquette University. She joined the SLU-Madrid staff in 2007.