Timothy Lee Wiemken, Ph.D.
Division of Infectious Diseases, Allergy and Immunology
- A.S., biology, Sauk Valley Community College, Dixon, Illinois (Aug. 1998 – May 2001)
- B.A., microbiology, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois (Aug. 2001 – May 2003). Capstone: Long-circulating bacteriophage as antimicrobial agents
- M.P.H., epidemiology, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri (Aug. 2004 – May 2006). Internship: Saint Louis County Department Health, Division of Communicable Diseases
- Ph.D., public health sciences, Behavioral Sciences University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky (Aug. 2007 – May 2011) Dissertation: Knowledge-sharing networks of hospital-based infection preventionists in Kentucky.
Dr. Wiemken has a variety of ongoing clinical and data science research projects. His work generally focuses on pneumonia, influenza, emerging respiratory pathogens, vaccine science, data science in healthcare and healthcare-associated infections. He is the Director of Infectious Diseases Epidemiology at SSM Saint Louis University Hospital and has many ongoing quality improvement projects within the hospital as well. He is always looking for interested collaborators and students.
Publications and Media Placements
Find a full bibliography of publications online.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- 2007 – Present: Certified in Infection Control and Epidemiology
Certification Board on Infection Control and Epidemiology Inc. (CBIC), Initial Certification in 2008, Recertified in 2013, Recertified 2017
- 2012 – Present: Colonel – Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
- 2016 – Present: Six Sigma Lean Green Belt in Healthcare (LGBH)
- 2016 – Present: Six Sigma Lean Black Belt in Healthcare (LBBH)
- 2016 – Present: Fellow of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control (FAPIC)
- 2018 – Present: Fellow of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of American (FSHEA)