Denise Côté-Arsenault, PhD, RN, CPLC, FNAP, FAAN
Hemak Endowed Professor of Maternal Child Nursing Research Institute Fellow
PhD courses (Qualitative Research; Philosophy of Knowledge Development)
- 1998-9, Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Women's Health Research, University of Washington School of Nursing
- 1995, Ph.D. in Nursing, University of Rochester
- 1985, M.S. in Childbearing Family Nursing/ Nurse Educator, Syracuse University
- 1976, B.S. in Nursing, Syracuse University
Pregnancy, breastfeeding/lactation, pregnancy loss and bereavement, early parenting, theory, perinatal palliative care.
Publications and Media Placements
Denney-Koelsch, E., & Côté-Arsenault, D. (2021). Life-limiting fetal conditions and
pregnancy continuation: parental decision-making processes. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjspcare-2020-002857 (online 5-18-2021)
Côté-Arsenault, D., Denney-Koelsch, E., & Elliott, G. (2021). “Creating a safe space”: How perinatal palliative care coordinators navigate care and support for families. International Journal of Palliative Nursing, 27(8).
Please follow this link to view additional publications from Dr. Côté-Arsenault.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Academy of Nursing
- Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance (PLIDA)
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association (HPNA)
Community Work and Service
- PLIDA- member of the Education Committee
- Manuscript reviewer (multiple journals)