Saint Louis University’s School of Nursing prepares students for professional nursing practice at baccalaureate, master's, post-master's and doctoral levels. You will also learn methods of interprofessional collaboration that are critical for caring for the whole person, the "cura personalis." School of Nursing admission decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, disability or national origin.
- Traditional Four-Year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
SLU’s direct-entry B.S.N. program is for students beginning college immediately after high school or students who will transfer from another university or community college. Our program allows for study abroad, offers clinical experience in numerous St. Louis area hospitals and provides access to our advanced simulation labs.
- Accelerated One-Year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (A.B.S.N.)
SLU’s A.B.S.N. program is designed for students who already have a bachelor's degree in another field and would like to complete a B.S.N. program in 12 months. Our accelerated B.S.N. program begins once a year in late May.
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-B.S.N.)
This program is designed for students who are already registered nurses but would like a bridge program to complete their B.S.N. Our program is offered online and requires no campus visits.
*Many of our spring 2020 graduate and certificate program application deadlines have been extended to September 15. Please email email@example.com for additional information.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Nursing (A.M.S.N.)
This direct entry 21-month program is designed for students who are not registered nurses but have already earned a bachelor's degree in another field. You will earn a Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) and be prepared to sit for both the nursing licensure exam to become a registered nurse and certification as a clinical nurse leader (C.N.L.).
- Master of Science in Nursing-Nurse Practitioner (M.S.N.-N.P.)
SLU’s online M.S.N.-N.P. program is ideal for B.S.N. graduates who want to become a nurse practitioner. We offer full- and part-time options that range between two and four years to complete. Students are only required to make two campus visits during the entire program, and precepted clinicals can be completed outside the St. Louis area. In 2017, U.S. News and World Report ranked our MSN-NP program number 35 in its Best Online Master’s in Nursing survey.
- Master of Science in Nursing-Clinical Nurse Leader (M.S.N.-C.N.L.)
The M.S.N.-C.N.L. program is a non-advanced practice option that will prepare you to function as a clinical nurse leader. The M.S.N.-C.N.L program is offered online in a part-time format and is completed in two years.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice-Post-Baccalaureate (B.S.N.-D.N.P.)
This online program addresses the growing need for doctorally prepared nurse clinicians/scholars and educators. SLU’s B.S.N.-D.N.P. program is a practice-focused doctoral degree that educates you to become an expert clinician, leader in health policy, and catalyst for improved health care delivery within an interprofessional environment. The program requires four campus visits and can be completed in four to five years.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice-Post-Master's (M.S.N.-D.N.P.)
This program is available to students who possess a master's degree in an advanced practice area such as a nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist. SLU’s 28-credit-hour program requires two trips to campus and can be completed in two years.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing-Post-Baccalaureate (B.S.N.-Ph.D.) and Post-Master's
SLU's Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing degree program is an innovative and student-friendly Ph.D. program that prepares registered nurses as scholars and skilled researchers. We offer online and on-campus options with full-time and part-time study plans.
Our online post-master's certificate programs allow students who already possess an M.S.N. to pursue coursework for the nurse practitioner role. The program requires two campus visits, and clinicals are completed at your location.
- Nurse Education Certificate
- Adult/Gerontological Acute Care, Nurse Practitioner, Post-Master's Certificate
- Adult/Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Post-Master's Certificate
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Post-Master's Certificate
- Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Post-Master's Certificate
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Post-Master's Certificate