Thanks to our generous donors, the Valentine School of Nursing typically awards over $1 million in scholarship funds every academic year. Please follow the steps below to submit your Valentine School of Nursing scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Process
Submitting a FAFSA is highly recommended. Please understand that many Valentine School of Nursing scholarships are need-based and completing the FAFSA will provide essential information that qualifies students for need-based scholarships.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Log in your MySLU.
- Click on the Tools Tab.
- Click on the Scholarship Suite icon.
- Complete the general application questions upon entering the site. It is strongly recommended to complete every question within the general application INCLUDING the questions that aren't designated as required. Completing ALL questions will provide the Scholarship Committee valuable information to determine scholarship award decisions. Students who don't complete every question will still be evaluated, but will not be considered a competitive applicant. Note: for question "If your degree has a concentration, please list it here:". Please list your program and specialty (if applicable). For example "4-Year BSN or MSN-FNP".
- Once you have completed the general application, you may apply for any scholarships that show in your recommended list that have an “Apply” button. Please be sure to read these scholarships to verify you are qualified before applying. You will need to click on them to complete further questions to qualify for them. Any scholarships that do not have the “Apply” button will add your name after comparing the listed qualifications against the answers on the general application and your student information. Note: Awarded scholarships may not exceed tuition costs and any scholarship amount over tuition costs will not be given to students in a cash payout.
- TBSN & RN-BSN: March 15
- AMSN, MSN-NP, MSN-CNL, PMC, BSN-DNP & MSN-DNP: March 15
- ABSN: April 15
- PhD: Applications are open from June 1 – July 25
Student Financial Services
Student Loan Counseling Service
- Student Loan Tutor: This organization helps you find the least costly repayment plan over the life of your student loans. They are well versed in income based payment and public service loan forgiveness plans that many nurses qualify for while working in a nonprofit organization.
- Home Health Care Foundation Visiting Nurse Association of Greater St. Louis Scholarships
- Army ROTC Nursing Scholarship
- Navy Nurse Candidate Program
- Delta Lambda-at-Large Chapter Scholarships
- Trudy Busch Valentine School of Nursing PhD Student Assistantship (for PhD students only)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs - Health Professional Scholarship Program
- Air Force Health Professions Scholarship Program (DNP Students)
- Laura Bassi Scholarship
- Missouri Health Professional Nursing Student Loans
- Missouri Health Professional Loan Repayment
- Missouri Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant
- Laura Bassi Scholarship
- NHSC Loan Repayment Program - HRSA
- NHSC Substance Use Disorder Workforce Loan Repayment Program
- NHSC Rural Community Loan Repayment Program - HRSA
- AACN Foundation Scholarships
- Loretta Ford Centennial Scholarship
- Association of Missouri Nurse Practitioners Scholarships
- Hurst Review/AACN Nursing Scholarship
- Discover Nursing
- Nursing Scholarship Search
- Nursing Scholarship
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- The Vohra Wound Care Scholarship for Nursing Education and Nursing Certifications