Thanks to our generous donors, the Valentine School of Nursing at Saint Louis University typically awards over $1 million in scholarship funds every academic year. Please follow the steps below to submit your Valentine School of Nursing scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Process
Submitting a FAFSA is highly recommended. Please understand that many Valentine School of Nursing scholarships are need-based, and completing the FAFSA will provide essential information that qualifies students for need-based scholarships.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Log in to auth.slu.edu
- Click on the Scholarship Suite icon.
- Complete the general application questions upon entering the site.
- It is strongly recommended that you complete every question within the general application,
including the questions that aren't designated as required.
- Completing all questions will give the Scholarship Committee valuable information to determine scholarship award decisions. Students who don't complete every question will still be evaluated but will not be considered competitive applicants.
- Note: for the question "If your degree has a concentration, please list it here:" please list your program and specialty (if applicable). For example, "Four-year B.S.N. or M.S.N.-FNP."
- It is strongly recommended that you complete every question within the general application, including the questions that aren't designated as required.
- Once you have completed the general application, you may apply for any scholarships
in your recommended list with an “Apply” button. Please read these scholarships to
verify you are qualified before applying. You must click on them to complete further
questions to qualify for them.
Any scholarships that do not have the “Apply” button will add your name after comparing the listed qualifications against the answers on the general application and your student information. Note: Awarded scholarships may not exceed tuition costs, and any scholarship amount over tuition costs will not be given to students in a cash payout.
- T.B.S.N. and RN-B.S.N.: March 15
- M.S.N.-NP, M.S.N.-CNL, PMC, B.S.N.-D.N.P. and M.S.N.-D.N.P.: March 15
- A.M.S.N.: March 15. Awarded for second-year students only.
- A.B.S.N.: April 15. Awarded evenly between the second & third semesters only.
- Ph.D.: Applications are open from June 1 – July 25
Student Financial Services
Student Loan Counseling Service
- Student Loan Tutor: This organization helps you find the least costly repayment plan over the life of your student loans. They are well-versed in income-based payment and public-service loan-forgiveness plans that many nurses qualify for while working in a nonprofit organization.
- Home Health Care Foundation Visiting Nurse Association of Greater St. Louis Scholarships (PDF)
- Army ROTC Nursing Scholarship (PDF)
- Navy Nurse Candidate Program (PDF)
- Delta Lambda-at-Large Chapter Scholarships (Coming Soon)
- Trudy Busch Valentine School of Nursing Ph.D. Student Assistantship (PDF) (Note: For Ph.D. students only.)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs - Health Professional Scholarship Program
- Air Force Health Professions Scholarship Program (PDF) (D.N.P. students)
- Laura Bassi Scholarship
- Missouri Health Professional Nursing Student Loans
- Missouri Health Professional Loan Repayment
- Missouri Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant
- NHSC Loan Repayment Program - HRSA
- NHSC Substance Use Disorder Workforce Loan Repayment Program
- NHSC Rural Community Loan Repayment Program - HRSA
- NLN Nursing Education Scholarships (Graduate Programs)
- AACN Foundation Scholarships
- Loretta Ford Centennial Scholarship
- Association of Missouri Nurse Practitioners Scholarships
- Discover Nursing
- Nursing Scholarship
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Healthcare Professional Scholarship - Law Offices of Joseph J. Bogdan, LLC