Ashley Schmuke , M.S.N., RNC-OB
School of Nursing
Maternal/Neonatal Nursing in the Traditional and Accelerated B.S.N. programs and clinically in the A.M.S.N. program
- A.S.N., Barnes Jewish College of Nursing and Allied Health
- B.S.N., University of Missouri - St. Louis
- M.S.N., University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Nursing, Saint Louis University
Publications and Media Placements
Schmuke, A.D. (2018, September). Factors affecting uncertainty in women with high risk pregnancies. Poster session presented at the Saint Louis University Conference on Health and Social Justice, St. Louis, MO.
Schmuke, A.D. & Lovan-Gold, K. (2018). Current practices and cultural variations in umbilical cord care. International Journal of Childbirth Education.
*Schmuke, A.D. (2017, April). Preterm delivery in women with pregnancy-associated cancer. Poster session presented at the Annual Midwest Nursing Research Society Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
Schmuke, A.D. & Lovan-Gold, K. (2017). Water immersion during labor: implications for childbirth educators. International Journal of Childbirth Education, 32 (4), 57-62.
Schmuke, A.D. (2017). Focusing on the present: cancer, pregnancy and the fertility conversation. Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics: A Journal of Qualitative Research, 7 (2), E1-E2.
*Bultas, M. W., Schmuke, A. D., Davis, R. L., & Palmer, J. L. (2017). Crossing the “line”: College students and academic integrity in nursing. Nurse Education Today, 5657-62. doi:10.1016/j.nedt.2017.06.012Palmer, J. L.,
Bultas, M., Davis, R. L., Schmuke, A. D., & Fender, J. B. (2016). Nursing Examinations. Nurse Educator,41(4), 180-184. doi:10.1097/NNE.0000000000000238
Bultas, M. W., Schmuke, A. D., Moran, V., & Taylor, J. (2016). Psychosocial Outcomes of Participating in Pediatric Diabetes Camp. Public Health Nursing, 33(4), 295-302. doi:10.1111/phn.12218
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Sigma Nu, Jesuit Honor Society (2018)
- SLU Star Award (2015)
- STL Magazine’s Excellence in Nursing Award in Women’s Health (2015)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- AWOHNN (Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses)
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Delta Lamda at Large Chapter
Community Work and Service
- Hope for Two: Pregnant with Cancer Network, Volunteer Support Woman