Saint Louis University knows that there is no "one size fits all" solution for adults who want to go back to school or study online. It's a big decision and we've provided a few questions to help guide you in your decision.
- Why do you want to go back to school?
- Are you looking for personal enrichment?
- Do you want to increase your earning power?
- Do you want to change careers or advance in your current job?
These questions drove us to create the School for Professional Studies. Designed for working adults, SPS holds its curriculum to the same academic standards as other colleges at SLU while offering unique advantages over traditional education. And since 1963, we have evolved into one of the most innovative, adult-focused programs in the country.
- Our classes are offered completely online. Study on your own time, anywhere in the world.
- Our accelerated schedule helps you meet your goals faster. Classes are offered in eight-week terms instead of a traditional 16-week semester.
- We offer six eight-week terms throughout the year. Start anytime and to earn up to 30 credit hours per year. The pace is up to you.
- Earn a quality SLU education at a lower cost than a traditional undergraduate program. Active military, veterans and first-responders can take advantage of even lower rates.
The quality of the education you receive here is world class. As we have for decades, we offer a smart, reputable and, most importantly, affordable education for working adults seeking more out of their lives.
The School for Professional Studies’ mission is to offer globally accessible, academic, professional and continuing education programs for students in Saint Louis University's Jesuit tradition of excellence. Our faculty and staff promote a student-centered, innovative and enterprising environment built on a foundation of integrity, accountability and collaboration.
Saint Louis University's online degree programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. SLU has been continuously accredited since 1916.
Accreditation is our assurance to you that our curricula and student body performance either meet or exceed particular standards. Earning accreditation implies we have met thorough requirements and teach pertinent curricula based on verified data. Being regionally accredited is the most recognized type of accreditation in the United States.
Saint Louis University’s Workforce Center provides businesses and organizations with the skills and knowledge to help advance sustainable solutions to enhance their effectiveness and well-being.
We work as partners with decision makers in the organization to provide expertise in various strategies, tools and processes for improving organizational effectiveness.