Starting your degree experience is exciting. We’re here to help make the admissions process simple so you can get going as soon as possible.
Ready to get started?
Next Steps for Applying and Enrolling in SLU's School for Professional Studies
Applying for admission and starting the journey to a degree may seem overwhelming, but it’s really quite simple.
First, if you haven’t already, take some time to get to know us.
- Explore our online programs: Through SLU’s School for Professional Studies, we offer nine different undergraduate degrees, two graduate degrees, and more than a dozen minor and certificate program options designed for busy students.
- Request information about your program: We’ll connect you with our admissions office so you can get questions answered and receive reminders about upcoming admissions deadlines.
- Attend a networking event: We host multiple networking events throughout the year. This is your opportunity to learn what it takes to succeed with online studies at SLU and to chat with academic coaches and faculty.
Then, follow up with these admissions steps:
Applications for the School for Professional Studies are accepted and processed on a rolling basis, which means you can submit yours any time. Start your free online application today.
If you’re applying for a program within the School of Professional Studies, we will retrieve your official transcripts for free. After you speak with a member of our admissions team and submit your application:
- You will be sent a transcript authorization form for each university attended.
- The form(s) will be sent via DocuSign to the email address provided in your application for your electronic signature, and once signed, we’ll request your transcripts on your behalf.
Please note: It is ultimately your responsibility to ensure all official transcripts are received by Saint Louis University. We will attempt to obtain all transcripts, however, some institutions may require a direct request from you for your records. Please be sure to resolve any holds that will prevent us from obtaining your official transcript(s).
If you’re seeking a graduate degree or post-bachelor's certificate, you must submit your official transcript from the institution your undergraduate degree was awarded.
Note: to receive maximum transfer credit, official transcripts from all institutions attended are required to be submitted within the first semester of attendance.
If you’d like to retrieve your transcripts on your own, please ask each school to mail official transcripts directly to:
SLU School for Professional Studies
ATTN: Eric Miller
3840 Lindell Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63108
Or you can email transcripts directly to Eric Miller at email@example.com.
You may download our transcript request form to use when requesting transcripts from previously attended institutions.
Once you’ve applied and we’ve received your transcripts, reach out to your academic coach to discuss the status of your application and your educational goals. Appointments are available on campus, via Zoom, or over the phone.
During your first meeting, you will receive an official academic plan that outlines how many of your credits will transfer in and your exact path to graduation. A writing or math assessment test may be necessary when meeting if you’re bringing in little or no transfer credits for these areas.
All admission materials must be received ten days prior to the start of any term.
Once you’re admitted into the School for Professional Studies, you may begin taking courses in the next available term. If applicable, a letter identifying official acceptance of transfer hours will be forwarded when your official transcripts have been received and evaluated.
If you have questions about the admission process or the status of your application, call 314-526-2825.
Learn More about the School for Professional Studies
Have any questions before you apply? We'll be happy to help.