It’s easy to apply to Saint Louis University’s online programs through the School for Professional Studies. Eight-week sessions for our undergraduate and certificate programs start six times a year. Graduate and post-bachelor certificate programs start twice a year in the spring and fall.
Start Your Application
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
The School for Professional Studies welcomes adult learners seeking an undergraduate education, but for whom life interrupted their educational journey. Adult life circumstances for the purposes of admission would include individuals with at least one of the following characteristics: delayed enrollment in post-secondary education, attends part-time for at least part of the academic year, works full-time (35 hours or more/week) while enrolled, is financially independent, has dependents other than a spouse, is a single parent, or has other demands that make traditional education less feasible.
- Work Experience: at least three years or its equivalent. Work experience may include a full-time/part-time job, internship, volunteer work, etc.
- Education: high school diploma or composite GED score of at least 2250
- Coaching Session: successful completion of a meeting with an academic coach (this can be done virtually or in-person)
- Grade Point Average: minimum transfer cumulative GPA of 2.5 (unless qualified for conditional admittance)
- Transcript: official transcript from most recent institution attended
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Completed application.
- Official transcript from a degree-granting institution.
- Most successful applicants have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- At least two years of work experience is recommended (includes full-time and part-time employment internships, co-ops and similar experiences).
- Three external reference evaluations (not required for certificates).
- Statement of professional goals (approximately 500 words suggested) articulating: (1) what attracted you to this program and (2) how a master's degree in this field will benefit you in your present or future career.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.