Ranked #13 nationwide among graduate programs for health care management by U.S. News & World Report, Saint Louis University's Master of Health Administration is your conduit to a successful career.
A Master of Health Administration (M.H.A.) is the MBA of the health care world. Graduates from the nationally-ranked SLU M.H.A. program lead careers in a variety of health care organizations such as hospitals, health systems, insurance companies, pharmacy benefit management organizations, consulting firms, and physician practices.
Why Choose SLU For Your M.H.A.?
- SLU's nationally-ranked program offers you a practice-integrated education. Our students are transformed into knowledgeable, ethical professionals prepared for a range of management careers across the health sector.
- As one of the nation's most established and largest M.H.A. programs, we'll keep you connected to a vast alumni network.
- At SLU, we deploy a nationally recognized competency model that has been adopted and adapted by health management and health administration programs throughout the country and were recently awarded Program of the Year by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
Our recent alumni have been placed in organizations such as:
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Balch & Bingham LLP
- Mayo Clinic
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- UC Irvine Health System
- Emory Healthcare
- Claro Healthcare
- Hospital Sisters Health System
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
- Press Ganey
- Children’s Mercy Kansas City
- University of Kansas Health System
- Trinity Health
- Anders Consulting
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- BJC Medical Group
- Children’s Mercy KC
- Cigna-Express Scripts
- Mercy Clinic
- MU Health Care
- SSM Health
- The Resource Group
- Children's Hospital and Medical Center
- Medical University of South Carolina
- JPS Health Network
- Nixon Gwilt Law
Executive M.H.A. (Online)
The Executive M.H.A. program is uniquely designed for working professionals with courses 90% online and three yearly in-person executive weekends. Our cohorts include students with backgrounds varying from surgeons, doctors, nurses, pharmaceutical and medical equipment sales, to consulting, accounting, marketing, and communications. The students live locally and across the U.S. and a GRE is not required. Our executive M.H.A. graduates advance in their current health care careers or use their education to transition into the health care industry.
The full-time M.H.A. program is designed for students looking for a traditional education experience. In person students live locally or on campus and attend classes throughout the day. A GRE is not required and students have access to unique case competitions, internships, and fellowship opportunities. SLU's full-time M.H.A. graduates move forward into successful positions with leading health care organizations.
Master's of Health Care Management (Online)
SLU's Master's of Health Care Management (MHCM) program prepares individuals to develop, plan, and manage health care operations and services within health care facilities and across health care systems. Students have the option to pursue specialized certificates in performance excellence, health data analytics, public health, and other high demand areas in health care. Each course includes instructor-designed opportunities for synchronous interaction tailored for the specific course.
The 41-credit hour online Master of Health Care Management (MHCM) Program offers the benefits of flexible, asynchronous learning and a short time to degree completion for busy professionals or recent college graduates with little or no professional experience.
Questions? Contact Bernie Backer, director of graduate recruitment and admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-977-8144.