Ranked #13 nationwide among graduate programs for health care management by U.S. News & World Report, Saint Louis University's Master of Health Administration is your conduit to a successful career.
A Master of Health Administration (M.H.A.) is the MBA of the health care world. Graduates from the nationally-ranked SLU M.H.A. program lead careers in a variety of health care organizations such as hospitals, health systems, insurance companies, pharmacy benefit management organizations, consulting firms, and physician practices.
Why Choose SLU For Your M.H.A.?
- SLU's nationally-ranked program offers you a practice-integrated education. Our students are transformed into knowledgeable, ethical professionals prepared for a range of management careers across the health sector.
- Our faculty work one-on-one with students beyond the classroom to equip them for fellowships and career advancement.
- As one of the nation's oldest and largest M.H.A. programs, we'll keep you connected to a vast alumni network.
- At SLU, we deploy a nationally recognized competency model that has been adopted and adapted by health management and health administration programs throughout the country and were recently awarded Program of the Year by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
Our alumni are leaders in organizations such as:
- SSM Health
- St. Louis Children's Hospital
- BJC HealthCare
- Rush University Medical Center
- Loyola Medicine
- Express Scripts
- Missouri Foundation for Health
- Greater Rochester Health Foundation
- Washington University School of Medicine
- Mayo Clinic
- Deloitte Consulting
- Ernst & Young
The Executive M.H.A. program is uniquely designed for working professionals and features a hybrid of online and in-person classes. Our cohorts include students with backgrounds varying from surgeons, doctors, nurses, pharmaceutical and medical equipment sales, to consulting, accounting, marketing, and communications. The students live locally and across the U.S. and a GRE is not required. Our executive M.H.A. graduates advance in their current health care careers or use their education to transition into the health care industry.
The full-time M.H.A. program is designed for students looking for a traditional education experience. In person students live locally or on campus and attend classes throughout the day. A GRE is not required and students have access to unique case competitions, internships, and fellowship opportunities. SLU's full-time M.H.A. graduates move forward into successful positions with leading health care organizations.
Master's of Health Care Management (Online)
SLU's Master's of Health Care Management (MHCM) program prepares individuals to develop, plan, and manage health care operations and services within health care facilities and across health care systems. Students have the option to pursue specialized certificates in performance excellence, health data analytics, public health, and other high demand areas in health care. Each course includes instructor-designed opportunities for synchronous interaction tailored for the specific course.
The 41-credit hour online Master of Health Care Management (MHCM) Program offers the benefits of flexible, asynchronous learning and a short time to degree completion for busy professionals or recent college graduates with little or no professional experience.
Questions? Contact Bernie Backer, director of graduate recruitment and admission, at email@example.com or 314-977-8144.