The discipline of history is central to the liberal arts and a defining feature of the Jesuit intellectual tradition. Historical study at Saint Louis University, including SLU's history minor, grounds students in research, critical thinking, and communication skills while enhancing their cultural awareness.
- Saint Louis University's history minor offers small classes and one-on-one mentoring while covering every time period and region of the globe. Whether you see yourself working in a lab, collaborating on a satellite, teaching students, or shaping public policy, the faculty in SLU's history department is here to help you develop into a global leader.
- Saint Louis University's history undergraduate program hosts a vibrant extracurricular calendar that helps students network, hone their skills and share their passions for history.
- Students in history courses are guided by professors who are outstanding writers, engaging speakers and leading experts in their fields. Faculty members have written for The New York Times and Washington Post and have been interviewed on NPR, PBS and St. Louis Public Radio. History students work alongside award-winning teachers who are deeply committed to helping students grow as thinkers and, in the best of the Jesuit educational model, as human beings.
|HIST 1110||Origins of the Modern World to 1500||3|
|HIST 1120||Origins of the Modern World (1500 to Present)||3|
|HIST 2800||Historian's Craft: Methods Proseminar||3|
|HIST 4900||Seminar in European History||3|
|or HIST 4901||Sem: American History|
|or HIST 4902||Seminar in World History|
|Choose 9 credits of HIST courses above 1120. History minors must have at least one course in 2 of the 3 following areas:|
Courses with an "European History" Attribute
Courses with an "U.S. History" Attribute
World History (Asian, African, Middle Eastern, or Latin American)
Courses with an "World History" Attribute
- Grade of a B- or better in:
- HIST 1110 Origins of the Modern World to 1500
- HIST 1120 Origins of the Modern World (1500 to Present)
- A 2.0 minimum GPA for all history courses
Students can complete all or part of the history minor at SLU’s campus in Madrid.