The Saint Louis University College of Arts and Sciences provides resources to ensure all students know the policies and procedures governing our academic activity.
Our professional staff members, including academic advisors, administrative assistants and others, are dedicated to your success and well-being. We believe the college and SLU are large enough to provide great resources but small enough to retain true community spirit.
- Academic Calendars
- Academic Catalog
- The Center for Accessibility and Disability Resources
- Final Exam Schedule
- Student Conduct
Undergraduate Student Resources
- Arts and Sciences Core Requirements (Before Fall 2022)
- Core Curriculum (Current)
- Download the Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's (ABM) Guidelines (PDF)
- Download the Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's (ABM) Application (PDF)
- Download the ABM Petition for Formal Admission to M.A. Program (PDF)
Graduate Student Resources
- Download the Graduate Student Academic Appeal Process (PDF)
- Download the Graduate Student Foreign Travel Fund (PDF)
- Download the Graduate/Undergraduate Research Collaboration Fund (PDF)
Internship Protocols (Graduate and Undergraduate)
To ensure the quality of the student learning experience and compliance with accreditation and Department of Labor requirements, students (graduate and undergraduate) must accomplish the following to register for an internship in the College of Arts and Sciences:
- Work with the academic department/program to identify an internship site.
- Request an “Experience” in Handshake using the College of Arts and Sciences Experiential Learning Report Experience Type at least two weeks before the start of the term (not later than the end of the drop/add period for the term). A guide to requesting an Experience can be found here (PDF). Make sure you communicate to your faculty advisor and site supervisor that they will be receiving a request to approve your Experience in Handshake.
- After your Experience has been approved in Handshake, you will be asked to complete the following forms using DocuSign:
- The College of Arts and Sciences Learning Contract: Please complete the required fields in DocuSign. DocuSign will then route the form to your site supervisor and faculty advisor for approval.
- An Internship Acknowledgment of Risk and Release for elective internships
Once your contract and acknowledgment/release are completed in DocuSign, they will be forwarded to the registrar, who will enroll you in your internship course.
Please Note: Internship work must occur in the same term as the registration for internship credit. Credit for internship work (prior or future) outside of the term of registration is not permitted.