Charnell Peters, Ph.D.
Department of Communication
Stereotyping and Bias in the Mass Media
Ph.D., University of Utah
M.A., Bowling Green State University
- Critical science and technology studies
- Black digital media studies
- Critical interpersonal and family communication
- Qualitative methods
Publications and Media Placements
- Peters, C. (2021). “Add up all my Black”: Understanding race and genetic ancestry through critical interpersonal and family communication. Review of Communication. 1-8. DOI: 10.1080/15358593.2021.1961851
- Peters, C. (2021). Instagramming diasporic mobilities: The Black travel movement and differential spatial racialization. Communication, Culture, and Critique, 14(2), 201-219. DOI: 10.1093/ccc/tcaa033
- Peters, C. (in press). Asexuality, affect aliens, and digital affect cultures: Relationality with the happy objects of sexual and romantic relationships. Western Journal of Communication.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- National Communication Association
- International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry