Naresh Bansal, Ph.D.
Department of Finance
Ph.D. in Finance, University of Georgia
MBA (equiv.), Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
B.S. (equiv.), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Publications and Media Placements
Beta and Size Premia Following a High-VIX Threshold (with R. Connolly and C. Stivers),
Journal of Futures Markets, 2022, forthcoming.
Bond Risk’s Role in the Equity Risk-Return (C. Stivers), Journal of Financial Markets, 2021, forthcoming.
Do CMO Incentives Matter? An Empirical Investigation of CMO Compensation and Its Impact on Firm Performance (with K. Joseph, M. Ma and B. Wintoki) , Management Science, 23:6, 1993-2015.
Equity Volatility as a Determinant of Future Term-Structure Volatility (with R. Connolly and C. Stivers), Journal of Financial Markets, 2015, 25, 33-51.
The Stock-Bond Return Relation, the Term-Structure's Slope, and Asset-Class Risk Dynamics (with R. Connolly and C. Stivers), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2014, 49, 699-724.
CEO Turnover and the Reduction of Price Sensitivity (with M. Alderson and B. Betker), Journal of Corporate Finance, 2014, 25, 376-386.
Honors and Awards
- Provost Faculty Research Leave, Saint Louis University (2019)
- Dr. NoKyoon Kwak Research Award, Chaifetz School of Business, Saint Louis University (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Three-Year Research Award, Chaifetz School of Business, Saint Louis University (2016)
- Transformative Teaching Fellow, Saint Louis University (2013 - 2015)
- Biscoe Fellowship (best incoming Ph.D. student), Terry College of Business, University of Georgia (2002)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Western Finance Association (life member)
- Financial Management Association
Community Work and Service
- Promoting STEM, especially mathematics, among pre-college students