Brett Boyle, Ph.D.
Department of Marketing
Ph.D. in Marketing, University of Cincinnati
MBA, Eastern Illinois University
B.S. in Business Administration (Marketing), Eastern Illinois University
Sports Business, Sales & Sales Management, Business Ethics
- Executive Director, SportMetric Research, LLC. (2019 - Present)
- Industry Analyst, EvoraMed Consulting Group, LLC. (2020 - Present)
Publications and Media Placements
Morris, K., Ghanem, S. Shaner, M. & Boyle, B. (2019). Capitalizing on faith: A cross-cultural
examination of consumer responses to the use of religious symbols in advertising.
Journal of Global Marketing. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08911762.2019.1669760.
Rishe, P., Boyle, B. & Reese, J. (2015). Secondary market behavior during college
football’s postseason: Evidence from the 2014 Rose Bowl and BCS Championship Game. International Journal of Sports Finance, 10(4), 357-374.
Rishe, P., Reese, J. & Boyle, B. (2014). How event significance, pent-up demand, playoff oversaturation, and series-clinching euphoria can impact secondary market behavior in Major League Baseball’s postseason. Journal of Sports Management and Commercialization, 6(1), 1-13.
Rishe, P., Mondello, M. & Boyle, B. (2014). How event significance, team quality and school proximity impact secondary market behavior at March Madness,” Sports Marketing Quarterly, 23(4), 148-160.
Boyle, B. & Magnusson, P. (2007). Social identity and brand equity formation: A comparative study of collegiate sports fans,” Journal of Sport Management, 21, 497-520.
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, ICORIA Conference, European Advertising Academy, London (July 3-4, 2015)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Marketing Association
- Academy of Marketing Science
Community Work and Service
- Patriot Guard Riders Association
- Eucharistic Minister, St. Gerard Majella Parish, Kirkwood, MO