Brad Carlson, Ph.D.
Professor; James J. Pierson Endowed Chair in Marketing
Department of Marketing
Ph.D. in Marketing, Oklahoma State University
M.A. in Media Communications, Webster University
B.A. in Psychology, Webster University
Consumer-Brand Relationships, Celebrity Endorsements, Branding Issues, Frontline Employee and Customer Interface
Publications and Media Placements
Carlson, B.D., Donavan, D.T., Deitz, G., Bauer, B.C., and Lala, V. (2020). A Customer-Focused
Approach to Improve Celebrity Endorser Effectiveness. Journal of Business Research
Harmeling, C.M., Moffitt, J., Arnold, M.J., and Carlson, B.D. (2017). Toward a Theory of Customer Engagement Marketing. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 45 (3) 312-335.
Zablah, A., Carlson, B.D., Donavan, D.T., Maxham, J.G., and Brown, T.J. (2016). A Cross-Lagged Test of the Association between Customer Satisfaction and Employee Job Satisfaction in a Relational Context. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101 (5): 743-755.
Atefi, Y., Ahearne, M., Maxham, J.G., Donavan, D.T., and Carlson, B.D. (2018). Does Selective Sales Force Training Work? Journal of Marketing Research, 55 (5) 722-737.
Carlson, B.D., Suter, T.A., and Brown, T.J., (2008). Social versus Psychological Brand Community: The Role of Sense of Brand Community. Journal of Business Research, 61 (4) 284-291.
Honors and Awards
- Faculty Service Award, Chaifetz School of Business (2022)
- Teaching Innovation Award, Chaifetz School of Business (2022)
- Fr. Thomas M. Knapp S.J. Distinguished Faculty Member Award (2020)
- Excellence in Research Award, American Marketing Association Sales Special Interest Group (2019)
- Diamond Publication Research Awards, Chaifetz School of Business (2 in 2019)
- Academy of Marketing Science Consortium Fellow (2016 & 2017)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Academy of Marketing Science
- President-elect (2020 - Present)
- American Marketing Association
- Society for Marketing Advances
Community Work and Service
- Rockwood School District Business Advisory Panel
- Judge, Future Business Leaders of America Conferences
- Youth Basketball Coach
- Step Up for Down Syndrome