Bidisha Chakrabarty, Ph.D.
Edward Jones Professor; Professor
Department of Finance
Ph.D. in Finance, The State University of New York at Buffalo
M.A. in Economics, University of Delhi-India
B.A. in Economics, University of Delhi-India
High-Frequency Trading, Financial Regulation, Finance and Gender, Market Structure
- Board of Directors at Meds & Food For Kids, Haiti (2021 - Present)
Publications and Media Placements
Chakrabarty, B., P. Jain, A. Shkilko, and K. Sokolov. 2021. Unfiltered Market Access
and Liquidity: Evidence from the SEC Rule 15c3-5. Management Science 67(2): 1183-1198.
Chakrabarty, B., J. Cox, and J. Upson. 2021. Tick Size Pilot Program and the Information Structure of US Stock Markets. Journal of Financial Markets, Forthcoming.
Bhattacharya, N., B. Chakrabarty, and X. Wang. 2020. High-Frequency Traders and Price Informativeness during Earnings Announcements, Review of Accounting Studies 25: 1156-1199.
Gupta, V., S. Mortal, B. Chakrabarty, X. Guo, and D. Turban. 2020. CFO Gender and Financial Statement Irregularities, Academy of Management Journal: (June) 802-831.
Chakrabarty, B., P. Moulton, and C. Trzcinka, 2017, The Performance of Short-Term Institutional Trades, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 52(4), 1403-1428.
Honors and Awards
- Faculty Research Best Paper Annual Award, Chaifetz School of Business (2022)
- Responsible Research in Management Award, Academy of Management Fellows (2021)
- Fr. Thomas Knapp Distinguished Faculty Award (2021)
- NYU-NSE Financial Markets Research Grant (2021)
- Best Paper: Plato Partnership (2020), Spanish Finance Association (2019), NFA (2018)
- New Zealand Superannuation Award (2015)
Professional Organizations and Associations
Association Memberships: American Finance Association, Women in Market Microstructure,
Financial Management Association
Editorial Board: Decision Sciences, Quarterly Journal of Finance and Accounting
Program Committee: European Finance Association, Financial Management Association
Community Work and Service
- Member of Finance Committee, Meds & Food for Kids, Haiti
- Financial Literacy teacher at ERDCC Prison
- Consultant for Let’s Start - Criminal Justice Ministry
- Advisor for Housing First