Scott Duellman, Ph.D.
Professor; Alfred V. Dunkin Professor in Accounting
Department of Accounting
Parks College of Engineering
Ph.D. in Business Administration (Accounting), Syracuse University
B.S. Accounting, North Dakota State University
Accounting Conservatism, Corporate Governance, Managerial Overconfidence, Misstatements, Insider Trading
Publications and Media Placements
Ahmed, A. S., & Duellman, S. (2007). Accounting conservatism and board of director
characteristics: An empirical analysis. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 43 (2-3),
Ahmed, A. S., & Duellman, S. (2011). Evidence on the role of accounting conservatism in monitoring managers’ investment decisions. Accounting & Finance, 51 (3), 609-633.
Ahmed, A. S., & Duellman, S. (2013). Managerial overconfidence and accounting conservatism. Journal of Accounting Research, 51 (1), 1-30.
Duellman, S., Guo, J., Zhang, Y., & Zhou, N. (2018). Expertise rents from insider trading for financial experts on audit committees. Contemporary Accounting Research, 35 (2), 930-955.
Chakrabarty, B., Duellman, S., & Hyman, M. A. (2020). A new approach to estimating the relation between audit fees and financial misconduct. Accounting Horizons, 34 (2), 41-61.
Honors and Awards
- Dr. NoKyoon Kwak Research Award (2014, 2019)
- Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding Teaching Award (2015)
- Peter Brownell Manuscript Award, Accounting and Finance (2011)
- Syracuse University Doctoral Prize (2006)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Accounting Association (Member)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (AAA Member)
Community Work and Service
- Habitat for Neighborhood Business
- Water Institute
- Pershing Place Improvement Association