Helen Hurwitz, Ph.D.
Department of Accounting
M.S. in Accounting, University of Texas at Arlington
MBA in Finance, University of Maryland
Capital Markets, Voluntary Disclosure, Accounting Regulations, Tax Compliance
- Sr. Financial Analyst, Freddie Mac
- Financial Analyst, Fannie Mae
- Marketing Analyst, Sun Microsystems
Publications and Media Placements
Investor sentiment and management earnings forecasts. Solo authored. Journal of Business
Finance & Accounting 2017, Vol 45 (1-2).
The understatement of large negative earnings news in managers’ annual guidance. Solo authored. Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics 2017, Vol. 13: 119-133. Press releases at Forbes, Kiplinger’s, WebCPA, Accounting Today, and Investment News.
Managerial overconfidence and audit Fees, with Scott Duellman and Yan Sun. Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics 2015, Vol. 11 (2): 148-165.
Honors and Awards
- Dr. NoKyoon Kwak Faculty Research Award – Best Paper, Saint Louis University, 2018
- Competitive Summer Research Grant, Saint Louis University, 2018
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Accounting Association