David Kaplan, Ph.D.
Department of Management
Ph.D. in Labor and Industrial Relations, University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana
M.A. in Industrial Relation, University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.S. in Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University
Diversity and how it intersects with individual and organizational careers
- Associate Editor, Journal of Management Education (2021 - Present)
- Editorial Board Member, Career Development International (2021 - Present)
- Editorial Board Member, Human Resource Management (2009 - Present)
Publications and Media Placements
Kaplan, D.M., Berkley, R.A., & Fisher, J.E. (2016). Applicant Identity Congruence
in Selection Decision-Making: Implications for Alejandro & Consuela. Human Resource
Management, 55(1), 39-51.
Kaplan, D.M., & Renard, M.K. (2015). Negotiating your syllabus: Building a collaborative contract. Journal of Management Education, 39(3), 400-421.
Kaplan, D.M. (2014). Career anchors and paths: The case of Gay, Lesbian, & Bisexual workers. Human Resource Management Review, 24(2), 119-130.
Kaplan, D.M., Wiley, J.W., & Maertz, C.P. (2011). The role of calculative attachment in the relationship between diversity climate and retention. Human Resource Management, 50, 271-287.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Academy of Management
- Management & Organizational BehaviorTeaching Society
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Gateway Labor and Employer Relations Association