Yan Sun, Ph.D.
Department Chair; Professor
Gustave K. Klausner Endowed Professor of Accounting
Department of Accounting
Ph.D. in Accounting, Washington University in St. Louis
M.S. in Economics, Baylor University
B.S. in Accounting, Nankai University (China)
Financial Accounting and Reporting, with a Focus on Corporate Disclosures, Accounting Quality, and Financial Statement Analysis.
Publications and Media Placements
Chemmanur, T., Qin, J., Sun., Y., Yu, Q., & Zheng, X. 2020. How Does Greater Bank Competition Affect Borrower Screening? Evidence from a Natural Experiment Based on China’s WTO Entry. Journal of Corporate Finance , forthcoming.
Frankel, R., & Sun., Y. 2018. Predicting Accruals based on Cash-flow Properties. The Accounting Review , 93 (5), 165-186.
Sun., Y. 2016. Internal Control Weakness Disclosure and Firm Investment. Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance , 31 (2), 277-307.
Sun, Y. 2010. Do MD&A Disclosures Help Users Interpret Disproportionate Inventory Increases? The Accounting Review , 85 (4), 1411-1440.
Frankel, R., Mayew, W., & Sun, Y. 2010. Do Pennies Matter? Investor Relations Consequences of Small Negative Earnings Surprises. Review of Accounting Studies , 15 (1), 220-242.
Honors and Awards
- Dr. NoKyoon Kwak Faculty Research Annual Award (2018)
- Dr. NoKyoon Kwak Faculty Research Three-Year Award (2018)
- Best Paper Award, International Association of Accounting Education and Research Conference, Frankfurt, Germany (February 2013)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Accounting Association (Member)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (Member)