Noni Zaharia, Ph.D.
Department of Management
Ph.D. in Sports Administration, University of Northern Colorado
MBA, Athens University of Economics & Business, Greece
B.S. in Management and Marketing, Romanian-American University, Romania
Consumer Behavior, Organizational Behavior, Sport Marketing, Sport Sponsorship, Sport Finance, Analytics and Research Methods, Sport Events and Facilities, Sport Administration
Publications and Media Placements
Zaharia, N., & Moore, S. (2020). How to win games in the National Basketball Association: An exploratory analysis. Modern Applied Science.
Zaharia, N. (2019). Using golf analytics to determine the optimal age range for golfers on the PGA Tour. Modern Applied Science, 13(3), 42-45.
Zaharia, N., Brandon-Lai, S., & James, J. (2017). Show me the money: On predicting actual purchases
in cross-national sponsorship. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 9(4), 38-53.
Zaharia, N. (2017). University-industry knowledge transfer: Channels of sport research interaction. International Journal of Business and Management, 12(9), 1-16.
Honors and Awards
- NASSM Doctoral Research Grant Award Winner (2014)
- Sport Marketing Association (SMA) Best Student Research Paper Winner (2014)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Marketing Association (2015 - Present)
- North American Society for Sport Management (2013 - Present)
- Sport Marketing Association (2013 - Present)
- Alliance for Sport Business (2011 - Present)