Join the Emerson Leadership Institute at Saint Louis University's Chaifetz School of Business as we celebrate women in leadership and support one another to be heard!
March 9-10, 2023
Busch Student Center
Saint Louis University
The second annual Women in Leadership Conference will expand to a two-day conference, featuring keynote speakers, interactive workshops, a research symposium and opportunities in support of women in leadership. With the theme Be Heard, the event will focus on topics of personal effectiveness, communication barriers and solutions, emerging research findings related to women in business and amplifying female voices in organizations.
March 9, 2023: 6 – 8 p.m.
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Seemantini Pathak, Associate Professor of Management, Global Leadership and Management Department, University of Missouri – St. Louis
- Keynote Presentation: Women in Leadership – Where Theory Meets Practice (6 - 6:30 p.m.)
The presentation will be followed by roundtable discussions with exchange of research ideas and potential collaborations (6:30 - 7 p.m.) Networking reception to follow (7 - 8 p.m.)
Be Heard: Women in Leadership Conference
March 10, 2023: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
|8:30– 9 a.m.||
My Journey to St. Louis Three Times: Two Learnings
Microaggressions: Beyond the Impact with Rhoda Banks and Jada Reese
Fashion for Good with Niki Shamdasani and Ritika Shamdasani
remarkHERble Aspire STL Club
|11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||
Lunch and Networking
Blessing: Carlos Esparza, S.J., Ph.D.
|12:30 – 1:15 p.m.||
NFTs: Not Just a Buzz Word
Myrina Renaissance Otey-Myton
|1:30 – 2:30 p.m.||
Mission Matters: Operationalizing Transformational Leadership with Barnali Gupta,
Ph.D., and Patricia Bagsby, Ph.D.
Empowering Women: Negotiation and Advancement with SLU Women’s Commission
Empowering Women to Lead with a Diverse and Innovative Mindset with Ronika Moody
|3– 3:45 p.m.||
The Delmar DivINe™ - Building a Neighborhood Inside of a NeighborhoodMaxine Clark
Wool Ball Room
|4– 5:15 p.m.||
Keynote - Start Small and Dream Big: Making Better Things With Diversity and InclusionLindsay Wrege
Wool Ball Room
Closing RemarksBarnali Gupta, Ph.D.
About the Speakers
Emcee for the Day: Mich Hancock, Founder and CEO, 100th Monkey; Co-Founder of TEDx St. Louis
Keynote Speaker: Lindsay Wrege, Co-founder, 321 Coffee
Lindsay started this coffee shop and roastery with the intention of creating an inclusive business that would employ individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. They now employ 50+ individuals in three locations in the Raleigh, North Carolina, area. Recently featured on the TODAY show, Lindsay will share her story and vision in this interactive session.
Other Featured Speakers
- Maxine Clark, founder of Build-a-Bear Workshop, inspirator, the Delmar DivINe
- Qiaoni “Linda” Jing, CEO of Genective
- Myrina Renaissance Otey-Myton, photographer, TEDx Speaker, NFT Specialist
- Leslie Gill, president of Rung for Women
- Barnali Gupta, Edward Jones Dean of the Chaifetz School of Business
Morning and afternoon breakouts will host three sessions each targeted to early-career, mid-career and executive professionals. Speakers include:
- Tricia Bagsby, Associate Dean for Graduate Education, Chaifetz School of Business
- Rhoda Banks, SVP – talent management, American AgCredit
- Barnali Gupta, Edward Jones Dean, Chaifetz School of Business
- Ronika Moody, founder and CEO, Distinct Consulting
- Aspire STL members - SLU student organization for women & minorities in business
- SLU Women’s Commission members
- Fashion and Societal Impact Panel
The conference will also highlight and support St. Louis area women in business through our choice of vendors, partners and speakers.