Skip to main content
MenuSearch & Directory

Student Resources

Saint Louis University School of Education students can find important forms, documents and frequently asked questions here. 

Education students in grade school classroom

Student Information and Forms (PDFs)

Higher Education Administration Program

Educational Leadership Program

Curriculum and Instruction Program

Review the Frequently asked questions related to curriculum and instruction.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the dates for comprehensive exams?

The start date for Fall exams is the second Friday in October. The start date for Spring exams is the second Friday in February.

Is there an orientation for incoming students?

All graduate programs hold fall orientation sessions. New students are highly encouraged to attend before starting a graduate program.

How can I register for courses?

Students can register for courses using Banner Self-Service in mySLU under Tools. For assistance registering for courses in the Department of Educational Leadership, contact Jody Wood, Ed.D.  For assistance registering for courses in the Department of Higher Education, contact J. Mark Pousson, Ph.D.

When are advisors assigned?

Students will be assigned an advisor at the beginning of their graduate program. Cohort students will be assigned an advisor after completing their first year in the program. Advisors assist students with course selection, the project or dissertation processes. Typically, advisors are assigned based on your area of interest within educational leadership or higher education.

Are internships available for credit?

Internships for credit are offered in both educational leadership and higher education programs. A 3- to 4-credit-hour internship is required for students in educational leadership programs. For students in higher education programs, internships are optional and can be completed in higher education administration, student personnel administration or college teaching for 3 credit hours.

What types of financial aid are available?

Financial aid is available to qualifying students in the form of scholarships, assistantships, grants and loans.

Does the department have a library liaison?

The Departments of Educational Leadership and Higher Education has a library liaison to assist students with navigation of databases and research searches on specific topics for courses, projects and dissertations. The department library liaison is available by appointment for individual consultations and to provide more in-depth research assistance. In addition, the library liaison and department faculty work together to maintain library collections that support the curriculum and research of educational leadership and higher education.

When do cohort programs begin?

Cohort programs begin in different years depending on the location of the educational leadership program. Cohorts are not currently being formed for higher education. For more information, call 314-977-3292.

Do courses have an online component?

The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership degree is provided through an online delivery design. Students attend synchronous online course sessions delivered through Zoom. Students also complete coursework asynchronously through the Canvas learning management system.

Additionally, many courses offered in the Departments of Educational Leadership and Higher Education have an online component, particularly for courses that do not meet every week. Once registered for a course, you may access the online portion of the course using Canvas under Tools in mySLU.