Semester in D.C. Requirements
To be eligible, a student must meet all of the following conditions:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better at all times, including at the time of application.
- 54 or more credits completed towards J.D.
- "C" or better in each of the following courses: Health Care Law, Administrative Law, and Legal Profession, prior to the start of the semester in D.C.
- Pursuing a health law concentration, health law related dual degree, or health law LL.M.
- Cover Letter(s)
- Unofficial Transcript
- 5-Page Writing Sample
- Completed Application Form
- Transportation to/from Washington, D.C.
- Housing in Washington, D.C.
- Living expenses in Washington, D.C.
Monday, Sept. 12: Information Session, Scott Hall, Room TBA
Tuesday, Sept. 15: Applications DUE
Friday, Sept. 16 – Oct. 7: Placement matching occurs
Thursday, Oct. 27: Regalia Days for Semester in D.C. students
Tuesday, Nov. 1: Departure Meeting, Location TBA
Jan. 9: Semester in D.C. begins
Feb. 15-17: Site visits
April 14: Last day of Semester in D.C. 2023