Semester in D.C. Requirements
To be eligible, a student must meet all of the following conditions:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better at all times, including at the time of application.
- 54 or more credits completed towards J.D.
- "C" or better in each of the following courses: Health Care Law, Administrative Law, and Legal Profession, prior to the start of the semester in D.C.
- Pursuing a health law concentration, health law related dual degree, or health law LL.M.
- Cover Letter(s)
- Unofficial Transcript
- 5-Page Writing Sample
- Completed Application Form
- Transportation to/from Washington, D.C.
- Housing in Washington, D.C.
- Living expenses in Washington, D.C.
Monday, Sept. 14 – Letters of Intent due by 5 p.m., please email to email@example.com
Wednesday, Sept. 16 – Applications DUE by 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sept. 17 – Oct. 20 – Placement matching occurs
Jan. 11, 2021 – Begin first day of field placement
Feb. 15-22 – Mid-semester site visits
March 15-19 – No Spring Break; Continue work at placement in Washington, D.C.
April 16 – Last day in placement; 2021 Semester in D.C. ends