The Saint Louis University Libraries Archives are open by appointment only Monday-Friday. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-977-3109 to make an appointment. We are not able to accommodate walk-in visits at this time.
All visitors are required to fill out our user agreement which includes our photography and reproduction policy. This policy does not grant permission to publish items from the Archives; separate permissions must be requested for permission to publish.
What to Expect
All archives have certain requirements to secure and protect their materials. Here are some of the things that we expect of our patrons:
- Please wash your hands with soap and water before your visit (not hand sanitizer).
- Keep personal belongings separate from the study area. You will be given access to a locker with a key.
- No pen — pencil only. We have extra pencils if needed.
- You may bring a computer, tablet, phone, camera (no tripod), and/or notepaper.
- No food, drinks, or gum.
- Use the various tools provided to you.
- It is essential that things be kept in the order in which you receive them.
- Only look through one folder at a time — never have multiple folders out or open.
- Ask an archivist if you have questions about how to handle a specific item.
- Always wash your hands afterward — some archival material contains harmful properties.
Find Us in the Library
We are located on the third floor of Pius XII Memorial Library in Room 307. All non-SLU patrons must sign in at the Lindell entrance service desk with a photo ID.
Metered public parking is available on Lindell Boulevard for up to two hours. For longer visits, we recommend using the visitor parking in the Laclede Garage at the corner of Grand Boulevard and Laclede Avenue (see information on SLU visitor parking for current rates).