Biology, (Minor) (Madrid)
Saint Louis University offers students the complete biology minor at SLU-Madrid. The minor has been designed to provide students with a broad background in biology and is an excellent complement to any major related to the natural sciences, biomedical engineering, health sciences and pre-med. As a biology student at SLU-Madrid, you will work with faculty members from across the globe who are committed to excellent teaching, mentoring and scholarship.
Minor in Biology
The biology minor requires eight credit hours of introductory biology, eight credit hours of introductory chemistry and 12 credit hours of upper-division biology courses.
The required courses are:
- BIOL1240: Principles of Biology
- BIOL 1245: Principles of Biology Lab
- CHEM 1110: General Chemistry I
- CHEM 1115: General Chemistry I Lab
- CHEM 1120: General Chemistry II
- CHEM 1125: General Chemistry II Lab
- BIOL 3020: Cellular Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- BIOL 3040: Cellular Structure and Function
- CHEM 3600: Principles of Biochemistry
- Upper-division online course: The student should get approval for a specific online
course to be counted prior to taking it to avoid problems with the course articulation.
A minor in biology will give you the scientific background to succeed in a number of career fields, including writing, editing, journalism, law, medicine and business.
SLU-Madrid is committed to providing quality Jesuit education at an affordable price. Tuition rates at the Madrid Campus are approximately 40 percent lower than comparable private universities in the U.S.
If you have questions or would like to speak with a financial aid officer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply to minor in biology at SLU-Madrid, you must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and complete a declaration of major/minor form, available in the Madrid Office of the Registrar.