The SLU-Madrid Alumni Association connects alumni with each other as well as the University. It also helps to develop a network of SLU-Madrid alumni who support the campus's development. If you would like to join the association or receive information about alumni events, email Patrice Burns at email@example.com.
If you would like to receive news from SLU-Madrid, share news with us or get involved in other ways, email Marketing and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Louis University — Madrid (SLU-Madrid) Alumni Association connects alumni with each other as well as the University.
SLU-Madrid recognizes that it is important to remain in contact with its alumni to develop a network that supports the University's development while providing a forum for past students and graduates to communicate.
Name and Purpose
- The name of the organization shall be the SLU-Madrid Alumni Association ("The Association")
- The purpose of the association shall be:
- To maintain and encourage contact among members.
- To create links between students, graduates, the professions and industry.
- To foster and encourage interest in SLU-Madrid.
- To work for the development and strengthening of education at SLU-Madrid.
- To help create positive public relations for SLU-Madrid by keeping track of the achievements of former SLU-Madrid students.
- To help SLU-Madrid graduates to find their place in the workplace through networking with other members of the Association and professional and industry bodies.
- To help members of the Association to grow both personally and professionally.
- To help to raise funds for the SLU-Madrid that could be used for purposes such as: library needs, for scholarships and student amenities.
All past students, present and past staff and faculty members of SLU-Madrid, present and past SLU-Madrid Executive Board members and other such persons as recommended by the SLU-Madrid staff and/or other alumni members and approved by the Association Committee are entitled to be and are deemed to be members of the Association.
As an active member of the SLU-Madrid Alumni Association, you will be encouraged to stay in touch with your alma mater by attending SLU-Madrid events, alumni association meetings, etc.
No fees shall be charged with relation to members of the Association.
A volunteer committee will be formed to plan and manage the activities of the Association. This committee shall meet as needed. The University's staff representatives are ex-officio members of the committee. The committee will hold an annual general meeting, at which they will elect a president to lead the committee and the association's activities.
- The president's term will be for 1 year from the date of election; the president is eligible for re-election.
- The president will be responsible for forming committees to plan and manage all activities.
- If the president resigns, the committee shall have the authority to appoint a new president.
Annual General Meeting
- An AGM shall be conducted each year.
- The AGM shall:
- Elect the president of the association for the next year.
- Hear reports on the association and SLU-Madrid.
- Conduct such business as is brought to the AGM.
- Three committee members and three other members at the AGM shall constitute a quorum.
Finance to operate the association shall be provided by funds raised by the association, along with resources from SLU-Madrid's operating budget, upon approval.
Amendments to the Constitution
Amendments to this constitution shall require:
- To constitute a quorum at an AGM or a special meeting.
- Two-thirds of present members voting in favor of the proposal at AGM or at a special meeting.
- Members shall be advised of proposed amendments at least 21 days before the meeting.
Distinguished Alumni Awards
Each year, the SLU-Madrid Alumni Association honors distinguished alumni who have excelled in their professions and contributed to the community at large.
This year, we will honor our distinguished alumni in a ceremony at 7 p.m., Oct. 19 in the SIH Auditorium.
The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes alumni for outstanding achievements in their professional lives, personal integrity and stature, and service to the University. This award honors alumni who graduated prior to 2002.
The Professional Achievement Award recognizes alumni who exemplify the mission of Saint Louis University in their daily lives. They have achieved outstanding success in their professional fields and brought credit to the University, and benefit to their communities. This award honors alumni who graduated from 2002 to 2012.
- Rodrigo Urbina, 09 B.S.B.A.
- Teresa Pérez-Piqueras, '06 B.S. in CSCI
- Lisa Pietropola (PDF), '09 M.A. SPAN
- Silvia Bayón (PDF), '01 B.S. in AENG, '02 M.S. in AENG
- Fernando Álvarez Antón (PDF), '96 B.S.B.A.
- Andreea Niculcea (PDF), '05 B.S.B.A.
- Guillermo Albaladejo (PDF), '04 AENG
- Fernando Abilleira (PDF), '99 B.S., '01 M.S.
- Sergio Arranz Sanfeliz (PDF), '91 B.S.B.A. (honored before the Lifetime Achievement Award was instated)
The Emerging Leader Award is presented to those alumni who have made a significant impact in their profession or community at large since graduation. This award honors alumni who graduated from 2012 to 2022.
- Yasmina Benslimane, '17 B.A.
- Katherine Espinosa, '13 B.A.
- Maitane Aramburu Blanco, '16 B.S.B.A.
- Fernando Restoy, '16 B.S.B.A.
- Sarah Trainor Graves (PDF), '12 POLS and SPAN
- Martha Laura García (PDF), '12 POLS
- Tadzoka Pswarayi (PDF), '10 ENGL, ISTD and POLS
- Annabelle Wilmott (PDF), '14 CMM, ISTD and POLS
- Ignacio Mallagray (PDF), '13 B.S.B.A.
- Rachel Sheridan (PDF), '08 POLS
The Faculty Award recognizes a faculty member who has contributed to the education, growth and careers of our students as a person for others.
The Distinguished Collaborator Award recognizes companies and organizations committed to the development and success of our graduates in their professional careers.