These resources will get you started. For advanced searching help, please contact your librarian.
- SLU-Madrid Library Orientation: Brief explanatory Panopto video about the services offered by the SLU-Madrid library.
- Starting Your Assignment: SLU Libraries Research Guide on English for Academic Purposes with essential information on how to start your assignment.
- E-books at SLU Libraries: SLU Libraries Research Guide on how to access SLU e-book collections.
- Video/Digital Tutorials and Guides: SLU Libraries Research Guide with some general usage tutorials and other on subject-specific resources (for History, Communication, Education, Business, Psychology, and Medicine).
Research Support Resources
- The Research Process: SLU Libraries Research Guide on English for Academic Purposes with research tips.
- Rhetoric and Research Strategies: SLU Libraries Research Guide containing information on how to select and refine a topic, find books and articles, evaluate your sources, cite them, and get answers to your questions via the SLU Libraries.
- How to Spot Fake News: An explanatory Panopto video made by the SLU-Madrid library to discover and learn how to navigate through different resources that will help you to identify and fight fake news.
- How to Avoid Plagiarism: SLU Libraries Research Guide on English for Academic Purposes with tutorials on how to recognize plagiarism and how not to do it.
- Style Guides: SLU Libraries Research Guide with sources to help you cite resources properly in a variety of styles: APA, AMA, Chicago, Legal, MLA, and Turabian.
- EndNote: SLU Libraries Research Guide for installing, navigating and using different versions of this citation management program: EndNote X5, EndNote X6, and EndNote X7.
Resources for Advanced Researchers
- Open Access: SLU Libraries Research Guide to finding quality open access (OA) journals in which to publish your research.
- Measuring Your Impact: UIC library guide offering an overview of h-index, Eigenfactor, Impact Factor (IF), Journal Citation Reports, Citation Analysis, and other tools.
- How to Create Your Academic Profile with ORCID: FGCU University Library video overviewing what an ORCID profile is and how to add works to your ORCID record.
- How to Create Your Profile in Google Scholar: CityTech library guide with different resources on how to update or create your Google Scholar profile and how this can increase the status and reach of your scholarship in academia and industry.