Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial Tribute
Keynote Speaker: Rev. Dr. Starsky D. Wilson
2:30-4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 28
Building Public Confidence: Debunking COVID-19 Vaccine Myths
Featuring Otha Myles, M.D., specialist in internal medicine and infectious diseases
4:30-5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 2
Please join the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for the School of Medicine at Saint Louis University for this informative webinar, Building Public Confidence: Debunking COVID-19 Vaccine Myths.
In order to dispel myths around the COVID-19 vaccine, we are partnering with clergy leaders of all denominational backgrounds to build public confidence to successfully vaccinate our diverse community. During this one-hour online seminar we will hear from experts in research, infectious disease, and family and community medicine on the facts about COVID-19 vaccines and why you should get the vaccine.
- Otha Myles, M.D., specialist in internal medicine and infectious diseases, and founder of the Infectious Disease Clinic at Mercy Hospital
- Daniel Blash, Ph.D., Saint Louis University's vice dean of diversity, equity and inclusion, and chief diversity officer
- Denise Hooks-Anderson, M.D., Saint Louis University's interim assistant dean for diversity, equity and inclusion, and associate professor of family and community medicine
Please use this form to submit questions in advance. All questions should be submitted by 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 29.
John H. Gladney, M.D., Virtual Awards and Recognition Webinar
- Keynote Speaker: Contessa Metcalfe, M.D., BRAVO reality TV star of Married to Medicine and Saint Louis University School of Medicine alumnus
- Special Guests: Judith Gladney, daughter of John H. Gladney, M.D. and Connie Agard, daughter of John H. Gladney, M.D.
- Co-panelist: Daniel Blash, Ph.D., Vice Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer for the School of Medicine, Saint Louis University
- Co-panelist: Denise Hooks-Anderson, M.D., Interim Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Co-panelist: Robert Wilmott, Vice President for Medical Affairs and Dean, School of Medicine, Saint Louis University
- SNMA/LMSA Welcome Back Social (2019)
- Addressing the Role of Privilege and Discrimination in the Health Care Delivery System
- SLU Medical School Celebrates Figures in Black History: The Saint Louis University School of Medicine’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
celebrated Black History Month with a series of networking luncheons for faculty and
students. The luncheons were an opportunity for medical students to interact with
faculty and discuss workplace challenges.
- Henry Randall, M.D., Division Chief, Adult and Pediatric Abdominal Transplantation, was in attendance to share stories and give advice on navigating the workplace and career paths.
- Alicia Barnes, D.O., M.P.H., department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience encouraged students to connect to the National Medical Association (NMA) and other groups that encourage career development.
- Denise Hooks-Anderson, M.D., department of Family and Community Medicine, noted the importance of collaborating with peers in nearby universities to increase network opportunities.
- Daniel Blash, Ph.D., vice dean for diversity, equity and inclusion and chief diversity officer for the School of Medicine, said it’s important to cultivate relationships between our faculty and students. “Our office serves as a catalyst for connecting these groups,” Blash said.
- 2020 GBA/GIP Virtual Programming: Moderated Call on the Intersection of Planning, D&I, and Medical School Operations.
- Institute for Healing Justice and Equity’s “The Color of COVID Webinar Series: Stopping the Trend
- Healing Justice Approaches to Community and Self Care
- Supporting Minority Medical Student Mental Health
- John H. Gladney, M.D. Lectures: Health Care Disparities, Mental Health: Where Do We
Go from Here?
- Passcode: p2i^QcN1
- Aaron Dotson, M.D., Making Tough Decisions: The Doctor's Role in a Medical Team
- Esmeralda Aharon, M.A., Named Program Director of Staff and Community Engagement for the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Denise Hooks-Anderson, M.D., FAAFP, named Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We need to warn our college students of campus dangers
- Medical student Aaron Dotson was quoted on forbes.com about his involvement in Black Men in White Coats
- Med School Alumnus, SLU Faculty Member Establish Fund to Help Students
- COVID-19 Exposing Racial Divide
- Open Letter to Crisis Standards of Care Advisory Committee
- Underrepresented scholars outperform majority peers in terms of novel research
- COVID-19 Bias
- Daniel Blash, Ph.D, was interviewed about SLUCare's Neighborhood Virtual Visits
- Allegories on race and racism | Camara Jones | TEDxEmory
- School of Medicine Graduates First All-Female Surgical Residency Class
- SLU, Partners Help Protect Neighbors By Distributing PPE