The Saint Louis University Center for Anatomical Science and Education (CASE) has been an established academic center providing expert anatomical education for over 100 years. Our students receive training from a diverse team of award-winning clinical anatomists dedicated to teaching and training.
CASE has been an established academic center providing expert anatomical education for over 100 years. You will receive training from a diverse team of award-winning clinical anatomists dedicated to teaching and training you.
We are an exciting, growing and dedicated research program that is supportive, collaborative and team-oriented. You will have the opportunity for research projects with a dedicated scientific support staff to assist you. Many students present their research at local and national scientific conferences and co-author publications.
The Center for Anatomical Science and Education offers three programs for students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree.
- Our Medical Anatomy and Physiology Preparatory (MAPP) program is offered to post-baccalaureate scholars considering careers in medicine, other healthcare professions or biomedical science education.
- Our master’s degree in anatomy prepares students for teaching, research and additional education. Many of our graduates go on to earn advanced professional and academic degrees (M.D., D.O., D.D.S., and Ph.D.).
- Our doctoral program in anatomy emphasizes training in clinical human anatomy and independent research for individuals seeking careers in medical school or university teaching.
- John R. Martin, III, Ph.D.
- Michael Ariel, Ph.D.
- Daniel T. Daly, D.C., Ph.D.
- Craig Lawson, M.D., Ph.D.
- Joshua W. Little, D.C., Ph.D.
- Yun Tan, M.D., Ph.D
- MariaTeresa Tersigni-Tarrant, Ph.D., D-ABFA
The Center for Anatomical Science and Education is committed to providing innovative scholarship and effective teaching in all aspects of the structure of the human body, offering training programs in anatomy for graduate students, assisting in M.D. and Ph.D. postdoctoral training, and stimulating interest in research and technical expertise by active participation in a variety of research projects.