The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health at Saint Louis University has a rich tradition and commitment to excellence in patient care, clinical and basic research and education.
Our department provides comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological care to women of the greater St. Louis metropolitan area as well as Southern Illinois. Our faculty is among the finest physicians and educators in the country, and many are engaged in unique recognized research activities in women's health.
As we strive to improve the services we provide to the community, we continue to place a special emphasis on communication.
The mission of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health is to achieve excellence in:
- Professional education including undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education, allied health professional education, and patient and community education.
- Patient care, which encompasses primary comprehensive health care needs of women, and full spectrum specialty services with expertise in every single aspect of obstetrics and gynecology.
- Research including biological investigation, clinical research and health services research.
Through these activities, the department aims to maintain its leading position in OB/GYN clinical activities teaching and research and position itself in the forefront of all women's health care issues.
The department pledges to be sensitive and compassionate in health care delivery, to discover and share new knowledge and to create a learning environment where the faculty serves as outstanding role models for current and future professionals.
We offer a broad range of primary and tertiary services utilizing the most advanced technology and equipment available.
Faculty and Divisions
- Division of Gynecologic Oncology
- General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Division of Reproductive Endocrinology/Fertility
- Division of Urogynecology (Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery)
- Division of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Division of Research
- Center for Endometriosis
- Vulvar and Vaginal Disorders Specialty Center
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS)