The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health at Saint Louis University School of Medicine has had a long and proud tradition of commitment to excellence in medical education training of students, residents and maternal-fetal medicine fellows.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Training
Our obstetrics and gynecology residency training program is organized to provide the broad experience necessary to develop the essential clinical and technical skills of an obstetrician/gynecologist. We offer a unique blend of patients drawn from the University, private practice and public health resources that help foster a diversity of patient care experiences across all socioeconomic frontiers. Through a partnership with SSM Health, a regional health care entity, Saint Louis University has positioned itself for continued growth and success by promoting excellent patient care.
The strong academic background of our program is complemented by SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, where we are based.
Our residency also incorporates experiences at other hospitals in the region for maximum exposure to all available educational opportunities and faculty expertise. These include SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital, St. Luke's Hospital, and other elective rotations. Our learning environment is one that encourages the pursuit of knowledge in a caring, professional and respectful manner.
- Train high-quality, well-rounded graduates capable of competent independent practice in multiple settings
- Provide experience in all sub-specialty areas in both hospital and office-based settings, allowing for the comprehensive care of diverse patient populations
- Improve overall and effective, real-time feedback for residents
- Actively engage residents in a wellness program and monitor its effect on physical and mental well-being
- Be the recognized leader locally, regionally and nationally in women's health care, reflective of the Jesuit tradition