The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)- accredited pediatric fellowship training programs at the Saint Louis University School of Medicine are designed to provide outstanding training to prepare our fellows to excel as subspecialty clinicians, scholarly basic and clinical researchers, and teachers within the field of pediatrics.
Each fellow identifies a research mentor and develops a research plan that leads to a scholarly work product. In conjunction, with their training program director, fellows develop an individualized learning plan that features ongoing mentoring.
Fellowship Programs Sponsored by the Department of Pediatrics
- Allergy and Immunology: Three Fellows
- Pediatric Cardiology:* Three Fellows
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine:* Three Fellows
- Developmental Pediatrics:* One Fellow
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Six Fellows
- Pediatric Gastroenterology:* Three Fellows
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology:* Three Fellows
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine: Six Fellows
- Pediatric Rheumatology: One or Two Fellows
- Sleep Medicine: One Fellow
*Accredited in 2013 or later
Features of SLU's Fellowship Training
Our fellowship training programs include:
- Common fellowship core curriculum
- Opportunities for collaborations with clinicians and scientists in other departments of the SLU School of Medicine
- Competitive salaries and fringe benefits
- Career counseling and mentorship
- A freestanding children's hospital and clinics
SLU's pediatric fellowship training programs require the previous completion of an ACGME-accredited residency program. The ultimate goal of the program is to equip fellows with the skills and knowledge necessary to embark on independent and successful careers in academic medicine.
We have a functional relationship with Saint Louis University's Center for Health Outcomes Research (SLUCOR) in the Saint Louis University School of Medicine to facilitate academic projects for trainees and faculty.
Related Links (PDF)
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Nationally Recognized
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Statistics
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Transplant Services
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology