Saint Louis University’s School for Professional Studies has partnered with Mastercard to offer its employees discounted tuition for degree and certificate programs.
The School for Professional Studies (SPS) is designed for working adults and offers fully online degree programs and affordable tuition. SPS holds its curriculum to the same academic standards as other colleges at SLU while offering unique advantages over traditional education.
SPS has partnered with Mastercard and ISTS to bring accessible education to its employees—thus helping employees to maximize their tuition benefit and obtain their goal of degree completion.
Mastercard Partner Benefits
In order to be eligible, employees must be currently employed by Mastercard. Employees can receive a discount on undergraduate tuition at a rate of $400/credit and graduate tuition at a rate of $671.50/credit. Tuition reduction is effective for enrollment in future terms and will not be applied retroactively.
How to Get Started
- Find the online degree program at SLU that is right for your professional career goals.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts.
- Register for your course(s).
- Begin taking classes in the next available term.
- Enroll/Register for the SLU course.
- SLU admissions/advisors will help with this.
- Begin the Mastercard process:
- Apply for a program at SLU.
- Enroll and register for the course.
- In Total Rewards: Employees request the course/cert.
- Manager approves the request (ask him/her to do this).
- The Letter of Credit (LOC) is generated after manager approval.
- The employee sends the LOC to SLU.
- SLU returns the letter of credit with an itemized invoice with remittance information to ISTS (reimbursement vendor).
- Mastercard provides tuition funds (weekly) to ISTS.
- ISTS then disburses payment to SLU.
- Employee completes SLU course.
For more information or to begin exploring degree options, contact the School for Professional Studies at 314-526-2825 or at email@example.com.