The Patrick P. Lee Foundation Scholarship supports the education of engineering students in the School of Science and Engineering at SLU. The scholarship will assist with the educational costs of engineering students, who are U.S. citizens and wish to contribute to the improvement of the United States’ manufacturing growth.
A scholarship committee, formed through the School of Science and Engineering Dean’s Office and the school’s development officer, will conduct the application and selection process for the scholarship awards. The committee will inform Student Financial Services of the recipients once the students have accepted the award.
Scholarship award is up to $25,000 (based on need) for as many as 20 students.
Application is available through the Scholarship Suite in MySLU and will be open during February and March 2023.
- Overall GPA 2.8 or above
- Eligible students must be considered either a junior or senior majoring in an engineering program within the School of Science and Engineering.
- Students must display moderate financial need and have a current FAFSA on file with Student Financial Services.
- Eligible students must be U.S. Citizens.
- The scholarship is renewable for a second year upon the maintenance of a 2.8 GPA, full-time status, and completion of their course work in four years.
- Applicants must include a 500-word essay addressing why they want to become an engineer.