Marketing, B.S. (Madrid)
Marketing concerns the challenge of winning and keeping customers. The Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business marketing program at Saint Louis University's Madrid Campus provides students with the practical skills and training necessary to succeed in professional marketing positions worldwide.
Major in Marketing
The marketing academic curriculum is completely integrated into that of the St. Louis campus. In fact, you’ll be encouraged to take advantage of the seamless relationship between the degree programs at each campus by completing a semester abroad.
SLU-Madrid’s B.S. degree in marketing requires students to complete 120 hours of coursework consisting of:
- 48 credit hours of liberal arts requirements
- 45 credit hours of business core curriculum courses
- 18 credit hours of marketing major courses
You’ll be required to take six courses (18 hours) to complete the major.
Marketing Major Courses (9 credit hours)
- MKT 4400 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 4650 Marketing Analytics
- MKT 4900 Marketing Strategy
Marketing Electives (9 credit hours)
Student choose three classes from the following:
- MKT 3300 Marketing Channels and Distribution
- MKT 3400 Integrated Marketing Communications
- MKT 3500 Sports Marketing
- MKT 3600 Marketing Research
- MKT 3700 Social Media and Digital Marketing
- MKT 4300 Retail Management
- MKT 4440 Personal Selling
- MKT 4450 Sales Management
- MKT 4550 International Marketing
- MKT 4600 Brand Management
- MKT 4910 Marketing Internship
The minor requires students to complete 18 credit hours of coursework.
Required courses (12 credit hours)
- ECON 1900 Principles of Economics
- IB 2000 Introduction to International Business
- IB 3100 Geopolitics of World Business
- IB 3160 Cultural Differences in International Business
Elective courses; two chosen from the following (6 credit hours)
- IB 3020 Latin American Business
- IB 3140 International e-Business
- IB 4120 International Business Strategies
The marketing program is interdisciplinary and prepares students for careers in areas such as sales management or personal selling, community management, digital maketing, advertising, public relations and retail.
Qualified marketing students may choose to earn up to three credits toward their degree by doing an internship. These students learn to implement the skills they study while gaining valuable professional experience at multinational companies in Madrid.
SLU-Madrid is committed to providing quality Jesuit education at an affordable price. Tuition rates at the Madrid Campus are approximately 40 percent lower than comparable private universities in the U.S.
If you have questions or would like to speak with a financial aid officer, email us at email@example.com.
To be admitted to the major, you must have at least a 2.00 cumulative average and complete a declaration of major form, available in the Office of the Registrar. Upon acceptance to the program, you will be assigned a departmental advisor.
To be certified for graduation, you are required to:
- Have at least a 2.00 cumulative average, a 2.00 average in the major and a 2.00 average in the minor or related elective hours.
- Complete 30 of your final 36 credits at Saint Louis University (either the Madrid or St. Louis campus).
- Submit the online application for degree before the beginning of the semester in which you intend to graduate.
An International Approach to Marketing
Our international faculty and student body provide the outstanding and enriching opportunity to explore cultural differences in marketing and business practices across the world. Graduates are creative in their approach to problem-solving, and they develop a deeper understanding of human behavior and ability to work in multicultural teams.