Skip to main content
MenuSearch & Directory

Transfer Credits

Our students report that over 500 colleges and universities internationally have accepted credits earned through Saint Louis University's 1818 Advanced College Credit Program.

Some were accepted as elective courses only. The 1818 Advanced College Credit Program assumes no responsibility for validating the accuracy of the responses. It is the responsibility of the student to contact prospective institutions to discuss exactly how credits will transfer.

  • If You Are Planning to Study at SLU: Grades earned through the 1818 Advanced College Credit program are considered Saint Louis University grades and will become part of your undergraduate GPA if you enroll at SLU as a full-time student.
  • If You Are Planning to Study Elsewhere: If you are not planning to attend SLU, please note that most institutions typically do not accept grades lower than a "C" for transfer credit. Highly selective or specialized degree programs at certain institutions may not accept 1818 credits.
  • If You Are Planning to Earn a Degree in Medicine: Institutions (including SLU) may not accept 1818 credits. 

It is your responsibility to investigate how other institutions transfer in credits earned through the 1818 Advanced College Credit program. When considering how your credits will transfer, it's important to know the distinction between transferability and applicability of credits.

  • Transferability means that the credit hours from your past colleges/universities will be posted to your college record. 
  • Applicability means that transfer credit posted to your college record will apply toward your degree requirements. The applicability of credit will depend on the course equivalencies previously established and the evaluations by your academic advisor. Your credits may transfer, but they may not always apply to your degree requirements.

Where Will My 1818 Credits Transfer?

The 1818 Program offers the advantage of credit transferability to the majority of institutions across the nation. However, it's important to note that each institution maintains its own unique policies regarding which credits will be accepted and whether they will be applicable to specific degree programs. Students can navigate this process by using the resources below:

  • A free site that requires an account creation. It allows you to list all of your SLU 1818 courses and search through participating universities to see how the credits translate at the institution.
  • Search for the institution's website for the transfer policy page to find out how specific courses transfer to that university. Some recommended search prompts include: "[Institution name]'s transfer equivalency," "[Institution name]'s transfer credit policies," etc.
  • Contact the institution's admissions office directly to ask how dual credit courses might transfer.

By utilizing these resources, you can proactively gather information about credit transferability and make informed decisions regarding your academic journey.

How Do I Transfer My 1818 Credits?

When you're ready to transfer your 1818 credits,  you may do so by ordering an official SLU transcript below. We recommend waiting until the grade submission deadline for each course before ordering your transcripts. Any transcripts ordered with missing grades will need to be reordered when grades are posted if a student wishes to receive credit for their coursework.

View and Request Transcripts Online 

How Do I View A Copy of My 1818 Coursework?

A copy of your coursework, called an "academic transcript," can be viewed through your student MySLU account using the following steps:

  1. Log into mySLU. If you've never set up mySLU, please follow these directions using the credentials located in your registration confirmation email.
  2. Search for and click on "Banner Self-Service."
  3.  Click on the "Student" tab.
  4. Click on the "Student Records" link.
  5. Click on the "Academic Transcript" link.
  6. Click the "Submit" button.

For assistance setting up your MySLU account and viewing your unofficial transcripts, please contact

Need Help Transferring Credits?

The 1818 Program acknowledges your diligent efforts in earning your credits and is here to support you should you encounter any difficulties in transferring your credits. Please know that while we will do our best to assist you, final decisions regarding credit transfer lie with the host university, guided by their internal policies.

Should you face any transfer issues, please follow the steps below:

  1. Request an explanation for the non-transfer of the course and provide the institution with a course syllabus. If you do not have a copy of your syllabus, please reach out to us at
  2. If you still encounter challenges in transferring your credit, please don't hesitate to contact the 1818 Program at