Rudy Pett, Ph.D.
Department of Communication
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
- M.A., University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., University of Richmond
- Interpersonal communication
- Close relationships
- Relationship complaints
Publications and Media Placements
- Sillars, A., Pett, R. C., Canary, D. J., & Vangelisti, A. L. (2021). Conflict and relational quality in families. In A. L. Vangelisti (Ed.), The Routledge handbook of family communication (3rd ed.). Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781003043423
- Pett, R. C., & Zhong, L. (2020). Theories of relational communication. In D. Usera (Ed.), Communicating to connect: Interpersonal communication for today. Retrieved from https://sites.google.com/austincc.edu/interpersonaloer. CC-BY-NC-SA 1.0 license.
- Dailey, R. M., Zhong, L., Pett, R. C., & Varga, S. (2020). Post-dissolution ambivalence, breakup adjustment, and relationship reconciliation. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 37(5), 1604–1625. https://doi.org/10.1177/0265407520906014
- Dailey, R. M., Zhong, L., Pett, R. C., Scott, D. N., & Krawietz, C. E. (2020). Investigating relationship dispositions as explanations for on-again/off-again relationships. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 37(1), 201-211. https://doi.org/10.1177/0265407519861156
Professional Organizations and Associations
- National Communication Association