Geoffrey Brewer, Ph.D.
English 1500: The Process of Composition; English 1900: Advanced Strategies of Rhetoric and Research; English 1920: Advanced Writing for Professionals; English 2250: Conflict, Social Justice and Literature; English 2350: Faith, Doubt and Literature; English 2750: Film, Culture and Literature; English 4000: Professional Writing
Ph.D. in English, Saint Louis University, 2022
M.A. in English, Saint Louis University, 2015
B.A. in English and Spanish, Westminster College, 2012
Early modern English literature; literary forgery; Shakespeare; William-Henry Ireland; eighteenth-century Shakespearean reception, adaptation, imitation, and forgery; hermeneutics of computational literary studies
Publications and Media Placements
William-Henry Ireland's Vortigern (1796) and Henry the Second (1799): A Critical Edition with Introduction and Commentary. 2022. Saint Louis U, PhD dissertation.
- "Visualizing Literary Forgery: W.H. Ireland's 'Lost' Shakespeare Plays." Ventriloquism in Early Modern Print: The Second Geraghty Symposium. Saint Louis University. February 2020.
- “Forgery, Counted: W.H. Ireland’s Vortigern and Henry the Second.” Faking It: Forgery and Fabrication in Late Medieval and Early Modern Culture Conference. Gothenburg, Sweden. August 2019.
- “Counting Forgery.” Symposium on Medieval and Renaissance Studies (SMRS) Conference. Saint Louis, MO. June 2019.
- “’The most inartificial and bungling forgery ever attempted’: Measuring Vortigern. Saint Louis University Textual Revolutions Lecture Series. November 2018.
- “Currents in DH.” 1818 English Colloquium. Saint Louis University, October 2017.