André Zampaulo, Ph.D.
Professor of Spanish and Portuguese Linguistics; Department Chair
Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 2013
M.A., University of Louisville, 2009
B.A., São Paulo State University, 2006
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Language Variation and Change
- Romance Linguistics
- Translation Studies
Publications and Media Placements
Zampaulo, André. 2019a. Palatal sound change in the Romance languages: Diachronic and synchronic perspectives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Zampaulo, André. 2019b. Os sons do português: Uma introdução prática à fonética e à pronúncia da língua portuguesa. London: Routledge.
Zampaulo, André. Forthcoming. A history of the Portuguese language. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Zampaulo, André (ed.). Forthcoming. The Routledge handbook of Portuguese phonology. London: Routledge.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Linguistic Society of America (LSA) (member since 2011)
- Modern Language Association (MLA) (member since 2009)
- American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) (member since 2009)
- Asociación de Historia de la Lengua Española (AHLE) (member since 2015)
- Societé de Linguistique Romane (SLiR) (member since 2022)