Joel Jennings, Ph.D.
Director of Sociology
Citizenship; Immigration; U.S. Latino/a Population
Ph.D. in Geography, University of Cambridge
Publications and Media Placements
10) Dorner, Lisa M., Emily R. Crawford, Joel P. Jennings, J. S. Onésimo Sandoval, Emily Hager. (2017) "I Think Immigrants "Kind of Fall Into Two Camps": Boundary Work by U.S.-Born Community Members in St. Louis, Missouri". Educational Policy: 1-27.
(9) Sandoval, J.S. Onésimo, Joel P. Jennings, Meredith Rataj, and Erin Klein. (2013) "Engaging Latinos in Access to Counseling and Education (EnLACE): An Applied Research Project to Understand Quality of Life." Journal of Applied Social Science. 7 (1): 24-41.
(8) Jennings, Joel P. and Sandoval, J. S. Onésimo . (2012) "Burgeoning Latinidad and the 'Latino Threat': An Analysis of the Latino Population in the 'Show Me State'".Journal of Great Plains Research, 22 (2): 123-135.
(7) Sandoval, J.S. Onésimo and Jennings, Joel. P. (2012) "Latino Civic Participation: Evaluating Indicators of Immigrant Engagement in a Midwestern City." Latino Studies (10): 523–545.
(6) Sandoval J.S. Onésimo, Harris Jenine K., Jennings, Joel. P, Leslie Hinyard, and Gina Banks. (2012) Behavioral risk factors and Latino BMI: A cross-sectional study of Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 23 (4): 1750-1767.
(5) J.S. Onésimo Sandoval and Joel P. Jennings (2012) Barrios and hyper barrios: how Latino neighborhoods changed the urban built environment, Journal of Urbanism: International Research on Placemaking and Urban Sustainability, 5 (2-3): 111-138. 11
(4) Jennings, Joel. (2008) Beyond the Nation-State: Scaling Claims to Latino/a Citizenship in St. Louis, Missouri. In Ed Jackiewickz and Fernando Bosco (editors). Placing Latin America. Rowman and Littlefield. Lanham, Maryland. Pages 235 – 249.
(3) Jennings, Joel, Stuart Aitken, Silvia Lopez Estrada and Adriana Fernandez. (2006) Learning and Earning: Relational Scales of Children's Work. AREA 38 (3), London, England. Pages 231-239.
(2) Aitken, Stuart C., Silvia Lopez Estrada, Joel Jennings and Lina Maria Aguirre. (2006) Reproducing Life and Labor: Global Processes and Working Children in Tijuana, Mexico. Childhood: A Global Journal of Childhood Research. Vol. 13, No. 3, Trondheim, Norway. Pages 365-387.
(1) Aitken, Stuart C. and Joel Jennings. (2003) Clarity, Rights and Children's Spaces of Discipline. In Roxanna Transit (editor). Disciplining the Child Via the Discourse of the Professions. Charles C. Thomas Publisher LTD. Pages 131 – 154.