The faculty in Saint Louis University’s Department of Women’s and Gender Studies are leading scholars in their fields. Their research includes topics such as the philosophy of feminism, women’s quest for citizenship rights and the battered women’s movement in St. Louis.
- Penny Weiss, Ph.D., department chair
- Gretchen Arnold, Ph.D.
- Amanda Izzo, Ph.D.
- Robert Strikwerda, Ph.D.
- Claudia Karagoz, Ph.D.
- Marcia McCormick, J.D. (Law School)
- Elisabeth Perry, Ph.D., emerita
Faculty with secondary appointments in the Department of Women's and Gender Studies serve three-year terms and are able to renew their appointments. Faculty are selected based on their teaching, scholarship and commitment to students and the department.
- Toby Benis, Ph.D. (Department of English)
- Maria Cardona, Ph.D. (Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures)
- Ellen Crowell, Ph.D. (Department of English)
- Ruth Evans, Ph.D. (Department of English)
- Noelle Fearn, Ph.D. (College for Public Health and Social Justice)
- Lorri Glover, Ph.D. (Department of History)
- Colleen McCluskey, Ph.D. (Department of Philosophy)
- Wynne Moskop, Ph.D. (Department of Political Science)
- Angela Smart, Ph.D. (Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures)
- Sabrina Tyuse, Ph.D. (School of Social Work)
- Constance Wagner, J.D. (Law School)