Learn more about arriving in St. Louis and attending your new student orientation.
Before You Arrive: Pre-Arrival Webinars
Please join the Office of International Services, INTO SLU and University support offices for pre-departure webinars that will help you prepare you for your arrival in St. Louis. Please register in advance for each session. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Summer 2022 - Virtual Events
|Register||Session||Date||U.S. Central Time|
|Register||SLU Virtual Visit: Life in the U.S. and St. Louis||July 14, 2022||7 a.m.|
|Register||Pre-arrival Orientation: Next Steps, Arrival, Housing||July 15, 2022||7 a.m.|
|Register||Pre-arrival: Vaccination and Health Insurance||July 18, 2022||7 a.m.|
|Register||Pre-arrival Orientation: Orientation Schedule, Course Registration and Transcripts||July 19, 2022||7 a.m.|
|Register||Pre-arrival Orientation: Employment, Review and Q&A session - Welcome to SLU||July 20, 2022||7 a.m.|
|Register||Choose SLU: Your Next Steps to SLU||July 28, 2022||7 a.m.|
Arriving in St. Louis
You will go through immigration at the first U.S. airport you enter, so you should be prepared to answer a few questions about your upcoming stay in the United States. Citizens of Canada who are driving to St. Louis will speak with an agent at the U.S. border. Either way, you should be prepared to share the following information:
Tell the inspector that you are a student at Saint Louis University.
Our address is:
1 North Grand Boulevard
St. Louis, Missouri 63108
You may be asked to provide the following documents, so do not pack them in your checked baggage:
- I-20 or DS-2019
- F-1 or J-1 student visa stamp
- SLU admission letter
- Financial documents
- Receipt for the SEVIS fee (Form I-797 or a printout of your receipt)
- The name and contact information for your international advisor
Rebecca Bahan, Director
(Student's Last Name A-B)
Catherine Donahue, Assistant Director
(Student's Last Name C-M)
Susan Imbeah, International Advisor
(Student's Last Name N-Z )
If you arrive in the United States more than 30 days before the program start date on your I-20 or DS-2019, you may be denied entry to the country. Please plan accordingly.
Fall 2022 Semester
SLU offers complimentary pick-up service from Lambert International Airport on Aug. 16 and 17 from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. This is only for students who have on-campus accommodations. Most students plan to arrive on one of these days to be greeted at the airport by a SLU staff member and accompanied to campus. If you would like to use the free pick-up service, please share your travel details. You will need to include the following information:
- Your full flight itinerary
- The total number of pieces of luggage you are bringing with you
- Your cellphone number and email
- Information on all guests who will be traveling with you
If you are arriving on a weekend, please go to Wool Center located on 3545 Lindell Blvd, St Louis, MO 63108. A public safety officer will assist you to find your on-campus housing. (Students living off-campus should plan to stay in a hotel). Saint Louis University does not offer temporary accommodation/housing.
- A taxi from the airport to Saint Louis University campus will cost around $50 USD. Taxis for hire are outside the baggage claim area.
- Uber and Lyft both operate from St. Louis International Airport. These transportation services can be accessed via smartphone apps.
- There is also an airport shuttle service, Go Best Express. This is like a shared taxi that will take several passengers at once. They offer a discount to Saint Louis University students. If you use this service, identify yourself as a SLU student, and ask for the discount.
- The MetroLink, St. Louis' light rail system, is a good option if you you do not have much baggage and are not arriving late at night. Get off at the Grand Station stop. Saint Louis University is located a few blocks north.
If you are arriving during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday) go to Des Peres Hall, 3694 West Pine Mall, St. Louis, MO, 63108. Des Peres Hall is the building displaying flags representing SLU's international population.
If you are arriving before 8:30 a.m., after 5 p.m. or on a weekend, go to Wool Center, 3545 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO, 63108. A public safety officer can help you find your on-campus housing (students living off campus should plan to stay in a hotel).
New International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation is held before the start of the summer, fall and spring semesters. You'll have the chance to get acclimated to life on campus and in the U.S. before classes start. You'll register with our office, meet other international students and connect with student ambassadors who will make you feel welcome.
International Student Fall 2022 Orientation
The fall 2022 orientation is Thursday-Friday, Aug. 18-19, 2022. The orientation will be held in person and information on the sessions will be sent to all newly admitted international students.
SLU 101 (For Undergraduate Students in the U.S. Only)
SLU 101 is offered for international undergraduate students who live in the United States. This event is only available in-person. You are not required to attend this event if you live outside of the United States.
In order to activate your I-20 or DS-2019, you will need to complete the check in process on the International Student portal within 30 days of the start date of your I-20.
- Watch the Immigration Registration Presentation
- Navigate to your mySLU account to update your local St Louis address in Banner Self Service.
- Scan the documents listed below to your computer to begin the registration process
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Log into the International Student Portal with your mySLU credentials. (You can also find the portal by navigating to slu.edu/international-services, and clicking on “Launch the International Student Portal,” the blue button on the bottom left of your screen.)
- Log in with your regular SLU credentials. If this is your first time logging in, you may be asked some questions. After you have answered all the questions, you will be directed to the homepage.
- Click the third tab on the righthand side: "Student Request Center."
- You will then see two icons for requests. Click on “New Student Immigration Check-In.”
- Complete the form and upload the required documents.
- Once all the above have been completed, you can click the submit button to complete your registration.
If you have any questions, please email your international advisor.