Please observe the following policies and procedures regarding access to the Vincent C. Immel Law Library and library materials.
- Books: 120 days
- Media: One week
- Reserve: Two hours
SLU Pius XII and Medical Libraries
- Books: 120 days
- Media: 14 days
MOBIUS and Prospector Libraries
- Books: 120 or 21 days, based on lending library
ILLiad Libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
- Books: Two to three weeks, based on lending library
Materials can be renewed through your online account, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, in person or by calling (314) 977-3081. Billed items and items placed on hold by someone else are not able to be renewed.
For faculty and staff, Law Library books can be renewed unlimited times, and other SLU libraries' books can be renewed 10 times.
All SLU, MOBIUS and Prospector books can be renewed two times. For books borrowed through Interlibrary Loan, ask about renewals. Media and Reserve materials are unable to be renewed.
There are no fines on Law Library books, but fines for Reserve materials are $1 per hour, and media is $1 per day. Other SLU libraries fine 10¢ per day for late materials. Overdue notices and bills will be sent to SLU email accounts. Any patron with $50 or more in fines or billed items will not be allowed to check out additional materials and will have a hold placed on SLU course registration, transcript requests and diplomas.
All borrowers are personally responsible for any materials checked out on their accounts. A borrower who has lost a book from any of the SLU libraries will be charged $120. Materials borrowed from other libraries will be billed based on the owning library's policies. If you have damaged or lost library materials, please call (314) 977-2758 or email email@example.com.
Faculty members who wish to have faculty fellows or research assistants check out SLU library materials on their behalf must fill out a Faculty Fellow Authorization Form.
Faculty fellows should not check out items for a faculty member on their student accounts. Students are responsible for all items checked out on their accounts and will be billed accordingly for lost or damaged items.
Faculty fellows cannot directly borrow from other SLU libraries, MOBIUS or Prospector on behalf of faculty members. Those needing to borrow items on behalf of their faculty member should see their faculty member’s library liaison or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food and drinks: Food and drinks are allowed in the library. Ensure that the library stays clean by disposing of trash and maintaining a clean space.
- The fifth floor: The fifth floor of the library is reserved for quiet study. Respect the quiet areas in the library by taking calls only on the sixth floor or outside the library. Silence phones on the fifth floor.
- Computing and printing: There are eight public-access computers on the sixth floor of the library that students are able ot use. The library also has a copier/printer on the sixth floor. The machine accepts Billiken Bucks only. Students can add Billiken Bucks to their SLU IDs online or at the machine in the library. Problems with the computers, copier or printer should be reported to SLU's ITS by calling (314) 977-4000 or emailing email@example.com.