The ATC, located on the first floor of Pius XII Memorial Library, offers a variety of laptops that may be checked out according to the policy listed below.
The following are eligible to borrow laptops from Pius Library:
- SLU students with a valid SLU ID
- SLU faculty and staff with a valid SLU ID
Equipment is Available:
- Mon-Thu - 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Fri - 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sat - 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sun - By Appointment Only
Reservable A/V Equipment
- 360 Video Cameras
- 360 Webcam from Owl Labs
- Insta360 Pro
- Insta360 One
- Samsung Gear 360
- Video Cameras
- Still Cameras
- Audio Recorders
- Wireless Classroom Microphones
- Wireless Mics for Video Cameras
- Public Address Speakers
- Microphones for PAs
- Videoconferencing systems
- Video Projectors
- Portable Screens
Pius Library/ATC Equipment Borrowing Policy (effective January 18, 2022)
Laptops, projectors and other equipment are available to borrow at the askSLU desk located inside the Academic Technology Commons in Pius Library. All equipment is intended for short-term use in the case of damage to or temporary loss of a personal item, or temporary technology or software needs, in order to meet the needs of as many students as possible. For long-term technology needs and recommendations, please see ITS Checklists and Tech Recommendations.
- Available to current SLU students, staff and faculty with a valid SLU ID.
- Equipment is non-reservable and non-renewable and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Loan period is 7 days.
- Loans are limited to three 7-day loan periods OR a total of 21 days per semester.
- Loans are completed as a package, and all items (laptop computer and removable power cord) will be checked out in working order. Please notify an askSLU staff member immediately if something is not working.
- All items must be returned together, at the same time, and in working order to an askSLU desk staff member.
- Patrons will electronically sign an agreement to abide by the equipment loan policy. A paper copy of the policy and/or the agreement is available upon request.
- If the equipment is not returned by the due date, or if it is returned damaged, a billing/replacement fee of up to $2,000 will be assessed. A hold will also be placed on the patron’s Registrar account to block access to course registration, graduation, diploma and/or transcripts.
- Failure to return the equipment or repeated abuse of the loan program will lead to the patron’s library account being referred to the Office of Student Responsibility and Community Standards. The patron may also be blocked from further borrowing of laptops or equipment.
- Note the due date of all equipment and check SLU email for overdue notices or billing invoices. Claiming not to have gotten an overdue notice or billing invoice is not an excuse for late returns.
- Treat the equipment with care. Do not leave it unattended. Keep food and drink at a safe distance.
- Return all equipment in good working order on or before the due date.
- Report loss, damage or defect to the askSLU Help Desk immediately.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop. User files will be deleted from the hard drive on a regular basis.
- Abide by the Saint Louis University Information Technology Appropriate Use Policy.
For technical questions about the operation of the library equipment, please see a
staff member at the askSLU Help Desk.
Please report any hardware or software problems to askSLU staff when returning the ATC item.