The Saint Louis University Academic Technology Commons, located on the first floor of SLU's Pius XII Memorial Library, offers a variety of laptops that may be checked out according to the policy listed below.
The following are eligible to borrow laptops from Pius Library:
- SLU students with a valid SLU ID
- SLU faculty and staff with a valid SLU ID
- Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, By Appointment Only
Reservable A/V Equipment
- 360 Video Cameras
- 360 Webcam from Owl Labs
- Insta360 Pro
- Insta360 One
- Samsung Gear 360
- Video Cameras
- Still Cameras
- Audio Recorders
- Wireless Classroom Microphones
- Wireless Mics for Video Cameras
- Public Address Speakers
- Microphones for PAs
- Videoconferencing systems
- Video Projectors
- Portable Screens
Pius Library/ATC Laptop Borrowing Policy
Laptops are available to borrow at the askSLU desk located inside the Academic Technology Commons in Pius Library. Laptops are intended for short-term use in the case of damage to or temporary loss of a personal laptop, or temporary technology or software needs, in order to meet the needs of as many students as possible. For long-term technology needs and recommendations, please see ITS Checklists and Tech Recommendations.
- Available to current SLU students, staff and faculty with a valid SLU ID.
- Laptops are non-reservable and non-renewable and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Loan period is six weeks.
- Loans are limited to one loan period per semester per patron.
- Loans are completed as a package, and all items (laptop computer and removable power cord) will be checked out in working order. Please notify an askSLU staff member immediately if something is not working.
- All items must be returned together, at the same time, and in working order to an askSLU desk staff member.
- Patrons will electronically sign an agreement to abide by the equipment loan policy. A paper copy of the policy and/or the agreement is available upon request.
- If the equipment is not returned by the due date, or if it is returned damaged, a billing/replacement fee of up to $2,000 will be assessed.
- Failure to return the equipment or repeated abuse of the loan program will lead to the patron’s library account being referred to the Office of Student Responsibility and Community Standards. The patron may also be blocked from further borrowing of laptops or equipment.
- Note the due date of all equipment and check SLU email for overdue notices or billing invoices. Claiming not to have gotten an overdue notice or billing invoice is not an excuse for late returns.
- Treat the equipment with care. Do not leave it unattended. Keep food and drink at a safe distance.
- Return all equipment in good working order on or before the due date.
- Report loss, damage or defect to the askSLU Help Desk immediately at 314-977-3103.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop. User files will be deleted from the hard drive on a regular basis.
- Abide by the Saint Louis University Information Technology Appropriate Use Policy (PDF).
For technical questions about the operation of the library equipment, please contact
a staff member at the askSLU Help Desk at 314-977-3103.
Please report any hardware or software problems to askSLU staff when returning the laptop.