Saint Louis University’s Adventures in Medicine and Science (AIMS) program offers students an opportunity to participate in an interactive human cadaver demonstration and dissection at the University’s practical anatomy facility.
Fall 2022 Update: We are now scheduling for hands-on programs at our facility for the 2022-2023 school year. For more information on hands-on programs, please email Ray Vollmer at email@example.com.
- Cadaver Demonstrations: The demonstration exposes students to the physiological and anatomic relationships of the major organ systems of the human body and describes how those systems can be affected by disease. Cadaver Demonstrations are open to high school sophomores and above. Students have a chance to put on gloves and explore the anatomy with the guidance of our medical student presenters.
- Pig Heart, Sheep Brain or Pig Eye Dissections: Guided student dissections are perfect for schools that are not equipped to perform such demonstrations within their own facilities. These dissections are suited for students in sixth grade and above.
All hands-on programs last an hour.
- $16 per student for full-body cadaver demonstrations
- $16 per student for shared pig heart dissections
- $20 per student for individual sheep brain dissections
- $12 per student for individual pig eye dissection
Special Package Pricing:
- $30 per student total if doing two hands-on programs on the same day
A large dining hall with tables and chairs is available on the third floor where students can eat lunch if needed. There is no food or drink for purchase on-site, but there are several fast food restaurants within a block from our lab.